Shops in sentinels

vs322

Hello fellow s3 modders...

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten in-depth into re-doing the shop in s3. I have questions about choosing the 'level' of items- is it related to the character's level or to the block they are in?

For what I want to do I may have to resort to scripting and doing it all through dialogs (which may not be worth it)- What I'd like is to have different people sell different things- make sense right?

If no one here has played around with it I'll start experimenting and telling you all what I find, but maybe someone can save me some time...

-vs

Not helpful but...

Oh jea, I would like to know same things... H&S seems to use dialog based shops, but to my mod it would take too much time (which is away from adding scripted maps). I'm also interested how to add complete NEW interfaces and how to make script command which opens that interface (I would like to do a comic interface... which is actually like A4-paper over the screen).

Only thing what I know about shop-levels is when player goes to shop in 0# block, only available items are nagant, basic throwing knifes and some simple medicines. In block 1# there is more items, so block number have something to do with it.

I would like add different shops for different items: pistols+smgs-, rifles+mgs-, knifes-, clothes- and medicine-shops. Maybe I have to use dialog based shops to those but (like vs question) if anyone knows how to make different (interface) shops I'm very interested to know. Thanks.

...sorry vs, not very helpful 'answer'... hope your experiments give us a way to go :) . k

KoMik- the shops you are describing are vary much like what I'm talking about- my experiments will probably not happen too soon, as I too would rather be making and scripting levels- I spent a big chunk of the last two weeks of mod time just doing textures...Feel like I've fallen behind in just making maps...

I have played around with the SSS interfaces some... I really only know how to alter the ones that are already in the game- I wouldn't know how you would call-up custom interfaces-the script functions would probably need to already exist (like 'uiShowLoot,' 'uiShowMissionSelection' etc.) Also I can't find where the code / scripts are for the already made interfaces so it might be hard coded. But like you said: all this stuff takes time from making the missions, and that's what the people are going to remember...not 'oooo, custom shops!!' So one must prioritize. (I have a lot of sss stuff already on my plate as it is)

-I'll post again about this when I know more.

-vs

I have questions about choosing the 'level' of items- is it related to the character's level or to the block they are in?

Item Count = ( GameRating - ItemRating ) * fQuantity

GameRating taked from game difficulty (you can see that cfnt on Custom Difficulty screen)

ItemRating and fQuantity taked from some table. You may edit that table from editor's main menu command.

ItemRating - after which game block item is available

fQuantity - some cfnt.

What I'd like is to have different people sell different things- make sense right?

Impossible. You have *one* shop and *one* store per all game. Custom shops will available in H&S.

Sweet sweet me too want want.

By the way, you guys all sound like freakin' wizards in this thread, did you know that?

Novik is the one making Hammer & Sickle, so I guess he should be :). They are all very skilled apparently, and I look forwards to both H&S and the mods Vance and KoMik are working on! Oh, and sorry for the off topic posts guys!

Novik thank you for the info about the shops... that is sort of how I thought it was set up. I will go ahead and make some of my shops dialog based then have one that uses the main shop and its interface.

Also its very nice to have someone so knowledgeable on the forums...seems like we had worked out all that we could without some help from someone on the inside.

-vs

Also its very nice to have someone so knowledgeable on the fore...seems like we had worked out all that we could without some help from someone on the inside.

If you want something - ask me, may be, i could help (common scripting and game mechanics questions, except 3D modelling). But my english is not very good - to find questions in all forum threads is too hard to me.