#21 hatfarm

hatfarm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:23 PM

Stun Grenade, on Jul 19 2005, 06:35 AM, said:

Also, I can't remember if your last editor showed what the person would look like with hair and such? Is that in it? Maybe add some different styles?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not quite sure what this means. What person, and what hair? This is not an image editor. I would suggest using one of the .pck editors. I do want to allow changing what .pck is pointed to in the different files so you don't have to just edit the ones that already there (though I would suggest doing that anyway if you can). My hope is to make this editor powerful and flexible.  So yeah, that's that. Thanks for the update slaughter.

#22 hatfarm

hatfarm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:16 AM

Well, I've made a version that can load any copy of x-com except dos version 1.0. It can do 1.2, 1.4 and CE. Please let me know if you run into any problems. I fixed a lot of bugs I found along the way (it wasn't saving obdata.dat for one). New features are coming in the next one, as well as undo and help. The master backup is an option so you can do that. The new version can be gotten from http://www.stonepool...m/ufomod085.zip.

That's about it. Thanks.

#23 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:52 AM

Files section updated. Keep up the good work! :)

#24 hatfarm

hatfarm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:22 PM

Alright, I'm working on the help. I need questions from people so I can add content to my help section. It's kind of an in program FAQ. Anyway, thanks.

#25 hatfarm

hatfarm

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:07 AM

The first full version is available. It's got an undo feature as well as a patching feature. You can get it here:
http://www.stonepool...om/ufomodv1.zip

Thanks.

#26 Slaughter

Slaughter

Colonel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:53 PM

Well done! I've updated the files section. Patch maker sounds really neat :blush:

#27 Crouching Squaddie

Crouching Squaddie

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:00 AM

would it be possible for the editor to  'update' any select saved game's facil.dat file  to reflect price changes made to the .exe in a future version?

as it stands, changes to facility costs only affect future new games.

(was funky manually transcribing a newly generated facil.dat's prices to an old one in a hex editor)

1 quarter the build time, but 4 times the price and maintanence  :blush:

#28 NKF

NKF

Mr. Badger in disguise

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:26 AM

Save a brand new game in a new save slot. Now manually copy the facil.dat file from the new save slot and overwrite the facil.dat in the save you wish to update.

- NKF
NKF, narrow minded fuddy duddy who refuses to let go of the past and will not accept anything newer than 1979.

#29 Pete

Pete

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:37 AM

Oooh he's good! I should've thought of that solution with hours of file copying and tinkering under my belt :blush:
May your terror missions always be infested with Chrysalids.

#30 Crouching Squaddie

Crouching Squaddie

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:41 AM

lol, this is what happens when the DSL cuts out and when i find a way to fix my own 'problem'

NKF pops in.

btw NKF, i tried that between my initial post your reply and the first thing that happened was all the new researched facilities were unavailable.

a person needs to manually go into the files copy the values that correspond with prices, and ignore the keys that lock/unlock the facility.

gotta love hatfarm's documentation of those files on his site

#31 Guest_Aldorn_*

Guest_Aldorn_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:36 PM

What a wonderfull job
Thank you very much for this editor
We would be able to change armour would be very fun
But you made an amazing job and I enjoy replaying this great game after having made some modifications
Thanks a lot for your job

#32 Guest_Aldorn_*

Guest_Aldorn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

I'm sorry, I should have perhaps explained why I asked for armour modifications...
I like this game but it is too easy ever in superhuman.
I followed some rules like 'use no tank', 'use only lazer weapons', 'do not have right to construct more than one base and more than one livingquarter in my unique base', and so on...
Then I used your editor to change aliens and weapons values, but now it is too hard...

My ideas to enhance the game in terms of difficulties
1. be able to change every prices to make contruct then sell not a way to gain gold, lower prices for aliens artefacts, ...so to make the global game management more difficult
2. make soldiers able to be blowned around three times by light weapons before been killed, two times when hit by strong weapons, and at least once for the most powerfull weapons like blaster
3. then change aliens capacities and values to be stronger than my soldiers... but no problems for that
4. for soldiers advancement, lower to 1 point max the enhancement for abilities after any battle, to slower soldiers progressions.

For the 1., 2. and 4. I've no solutions
For 2., as it is not possible for soldiers to have more than 60 HP, I have to lower the power of every weapons
I do not want for soldiers to be invicible when wearing an armour and to be less than worms when not...
As it is not possible to reduce soldier's armours values neither change weapon's power for tank, that means follow 2 rules : do not use tanks neither armours...
That is not very fun

Ideally, personnal armour with 10 and big armour with 20 would be very nice, Blaster could be 25
Then the unique problem would be it would be not possible anymore to shoot doors or walls...

That's diificult to find a good solution...

BUT YOUR EDITOR IS VERY FUN AND VERY USEFULL, THANK'S A LOT FOR THIS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users