Low FPS

untrustworthy

Hello everyone,

I've got a little problem.

When I'm playing the ss on my computer, i've got only 10 to 20 fps with details at high or very high with medium FSAA, 1024x768 ... But when I'm playin' at medium details the game is workin' good . I think it should works better on my computer ...

Ps: I've played demo version.

Ps2: Sorry for my english :P .

My Computer:

AMD64 3000+

GeForce 6600 GT

1x512 MB Kingston

Sound Blaster Live

Asus K8V-X

Windows Xp without any service packs

I've got lastest video drivers (ForceWare 77.72) and DirectX 9.0c ...

Please Help Me !

This Is Silent Storm Demo 1.1, but in SS: Sentiels (demo too) I have the same problems...

Yes, but when I'll change anything and i'll run the game in the options menu the quality is set to custom, and the light always is low ... It's maybe because it's demo or something ... And when i'm trying to turn off only shadows (but in the config.cfg (or something like that) in folder with game), it's like above: quality custom and light (or lighting - i don't remmember) is set to low ... ;/

I want to buy full game tomorrow but i don't know that that is a good idea ...

Anti-aliasing makes a big difference in FPS- I can run everything on except Anti-aliasing which I run on medium- and get good FPS, but when I put Anti-aliasing up I seriously get 1-7 fps. Hope that that helps

-vs

Yeah, AA makes a big difference in the game. You don't need it, but it sure makes everything look a bit nicer, dammit....

You should be getting better performance on your rig. Make sure you've defragged recently and that you have adequate disk space. If it doesn't work perfectly, remember that these games are famous for bringing even powerful systems to their knees.

Above all, don't try to play with the light maps on. I don't, and even though they look pretty, they really crud up the speed. Turn all the details to high except for the lighting. Play in 1024x768x16 and turn all the bells and whistles on and all should be well. No lightmaps, but who the hell needs those, eh?

You get diminishing returns the higher you push the graphic in this game: do what I've described and you should have a fast, fun, sexy-looking gaming experience without useless, pretty-fying lightmaps, but you start messing with the lighting and you've got to put the resolution up to 1600x1200 and that's just frikkin' impossible.

Good luck. Buy the game and play the hell out of it, by the way. You'll love it, if you can get over not having lightmaps...