WWII maps for S2

brandeburg

:angel: Yes, I am currently working on randoms maps for S2; only big and multi levels maps, mostly in town.

The idea is to fight in very obstructed area to use submachines guns, pistols & knives, & grenades to clear area before entering, or making holes with PIAT, panzershrecks...

very narrow roads, with a lot a buildings.

I am working on "Berlin" style map with 5 levels buildings cellars, sewers labirynth, and subway .

Hope you will enjoy.

Is there any way to change the meant mission objectifs ?

I would like to have real commando objectives as detroy a whole factory or a train or all the phone wires.

Town war with Silent Storm sounds fun to me.

If you want to make a 'destruction-objective' just give name to all destructible objects and make scripts which 'keep on eye' those:

Make commands if not IsValid( GetObject("o") ) then or if not ObjectGetDestroyStage( GetObject("o") ) ~= 0 then to all objects which are the objective. Destroying the whole factory to complete a objective needs lots of commands to individuals objects/contruction parts. (in H&S is some kind of 'building stage counter' because there is RPG-element which may cause WW3 if player start destroying civilian buildings... but I am not sure about that).

Good luck and enjoy your moddings.

To expand on Komik's advice here is a little code for tracking the destroy stage of multiple objects. All the objects must be give a name and put in the oToDestroy table; this example has 4 objects to keep track of. You then substitute the number of objects for the nDesObject variable inside of the DestroyObjectState() function.- the way that this is written now you would put the code for whatever you want to happen once all the objects are destroyed in the AllDestroyed() function (like updating of mission goals).

-Good luck the editor is quite intimidating at first, but hopefully we've got another modder around here.

-vs

oToDestroy={GetObject('oB_1'),GetObject('oB_2'),GetObject('oB_3'),GetObject('oB_4')}

function AllDestroyed()
out('All Objects Destroyed')
end

function DestroyObjectState()
local nDesObjects=4--This number is the number of objects that you are monotering the state of (the number in the table above)
local nAllObjects=nDesObjects
while nDesObjects>0 do
 Sleep(20)
 nDesObjects=nAllObjects
 for i=1,nAllObjects do
	 if ObjectGetDestroyStage(oToDestroy[i])~=0 then
   nDesObjects=nDesObjects-1
	 end
 end
end
AllDestroyed()
return
end

StartThread(DestroyObjectState)

:P thank you a lot for the explanations ... I will be on duty the next month try to set up a WW II campain with only huge battlefield. It will take several months to do it.

So with you smart advices I will do real "commando" missions with phone poles, trains, ...to destroy, with more realistic weapons and ammo size,difficulties to destroy objects like oddball Mod, thanks to him.

I let you know about my progress ....& after may be to it for sickle & hammer ??? In 2 or 3 years !!!

Have fun guys

• 3 weeks later...

:) :) how are you everybody ?!

I am still working on my WWII project, with new weapons, bigger random map with mission objective If I

could... You would not be able to leave a random encounter map if you do not fulfill a sabotage mission as: destroy telephone poles, a train...

For the main mission for information I would like the player to gather informations and/or knock unconscious but bare hand or billy club ? not sure I could!!???

I keep the panzer klein for now ! but with only PIAT , MSS 41, skas, and the sword. In my mind the other are to heavy and the recoil to important (for a mini gun it is 140 kgs...) They try to do stupid think like armored soldiers during WWI so, why not in WWII play game but with out destructives weapons.

Instead I put new weapons : rare and good value for sentinels & SH. You will find them on the guy to knock out/kil, or in safe chest : need ingeneer to open !

hope to release a mod for end of september for weapons.

Here some examples of the new weapons: list in a week of all the weapons and change I work on to be close to real weapons: better rate of fire, real name & magazines capacity...

see the attachment. If someone is interessing in my project let me know.

:) It seems to bring me ttrouble beetween the french version and the english version !

I do not understand why : mods add do not work! and what I am doing on the french does not work with the english version!

I will buy the english gold pack for sentinel should be better, & I am not sure to find S & H and the futur add on in french whatever.!!!

Some new weapons I am working on.

Game to play: who knows the names of the weapons I am sending ?

one would be for sentinel of course! I will send the winner the info on these real weapons, and where I will hide them in the game.

Hmmmm....language incompatibilities...anyone else know anything about this? I've only tried the English version, and haven't had problems with any mods. I do know that some of the older mods for S2 had only been tested with the Russian version of the game, but I think they ended up doing a translation or something....

Slaughter, you know anything about that? Did there end up being a problem with the different language-versions?

I'll ask Pete, too...

I do not understand why : mods add do not work! and what I am doing on the french does not work with the english version!

What wrong? Please, write detailed.

Game to play: who knows the names of the weapons I am sending ?

1) AK with large capacity semi-round magazine, rds 100.

2) Kalashnikov SMG, test model 1942

3) RPG-2

:) nice job novik : 2 first are good but the shaped- charge Warhead is not the RPG 2 !

and for the 2 first rifles??: the folder carbine is easy to find, but the all wood stock rifle is hard to find !

FOR MY MOD TROUBLE

the trouble is that as I wrote everything in english; the french version does not recognise the add &

mods; the french version of S2 is already uopgraded, it is a"kind of "patched version ( they

fixed a lot of bugs...)so it brings to much problems for my friends who have the english version 1.2

because the bug are fixed different ways and many weapons don't have the same performances! they

changed name of guns,ammo, habilities...in the french version! S

so it brings too much work to translate evrything...I will buy the english gold version, it will be more easy

for owner of an english S2 to add my futur Mod.

actually Iam working on Maya for my new weapons...I will wait to get my gold edition and be back on the

map editor![ A new picture: good research

:) S1 or S2 ? ? I am expecting now your opinions on my campaign.

I red most of the topic on modding at strategic core as well as at Nival 5the Nival S1 forum is dead for a year!

it seems to me.)

I learn most of think I wonder about some tricks for modding in S1 because I want to keep the axe and allied

base, but as I red that man can do his own Base and strategic Map in both S2& S3, now, I do not know in Hell

what to Mod, S2 or S3!

I could do it in S2 as I res NOVIK is abble to change it in S3 but I think To do it Directly in S3 (after changing

it for a WWW II game of course)because I like the weapons durability like in reality, and the development

possibilities are better.

So better do to 3 different campaigns instead of an axe/allied choice in one.

what do you think guys? A Russian front then a western front and the third "a geman against the world " one.

:) and let it roll !

right now I am waiting the english gold edition but I will keep my french gold edition to play. Oh yeah, Igot

a month ago my first close combat fighting in the winter map. this was good: A red hiden into a fir

surprised my Hero, an italian medic, made 40 or more damage. At my turn, I use my knife,but but he was

still standing buth it me only one to a bleeding state. :) I kill him my turn; a really good fight, but so rare.