UFO Aftershock Fanfic Contest

DragonHawk

I'm curious as to how much representation this board is putting out for this contest. So who's game?

I had told Accounting Troll (I think) that I would have a draft of what I was going to submit at the beginning of July, but that deadline has passed and I've been procrastinating. :P I'm still planning on giving this a go though.

I think I'll start on the 19th :P

Come to think of it Slaughter, have you ever thought of doing a fanfic?

Hehe :D

Yeah, I've thought about it, but I tend to end up short on will or time. I thought I'd have some time this summer, with me being the only one in "my gang" being home, but I ended up sadly mistaken. Between a full time summer job at the local broadband company, living on a farm (there is ALWAYS something to do on a farm) and doing a site for the UNI's student organization. Then there's this site, and going away quite a few of the coming weekends... Suffice to say that leaves little time for other stuff ;)

Hahaha, that's how it always is, I guess. I'll have a lot of time this weekend, as I'm taking the train out to Montreal. It'll be a solid 17 hours of train... now, granted, I should be sleeping on the way there, but seven hours on the way back? Plenty, enough to flesh out some ideas. I'm not very up-to-date on the UFO Aftershock timeline though, other than it happens fifty years after. I checked the UFO Aftershocks website... and didn't see anything. Am I blind?

• 1 month later...

Legally, that would be problematic. It could possibly even lead to your entry being disqualified.

According to the competition rules, all entries submitted to the competition become the intellectual property of Cenega. That means that you cannot publish your entry anywhere without getting permission from Cenega first.

Remember that Cenega are putting on the competition so that they can include one or two new stories with the collectors edition as one of the bonus features.

Once the winners have been announced, Cenega won't have any more use for the losing entries so the chances are that they will give permission for the losing entries to be published if they are asked nicely...