Feedback on StrategyCore

Slaughter

Slaughter - you just don't like that sloppy pic from Aftershock do you? :blush::) I vaguely remember it being a death-by-club-with-nail-in offense if I used that one and so far it's gone un-punished :)

Anyway, the idea of the logo and pics was instant identification of each series (along with some general groovyness). There's still quite a few tweaks I need to make to the layout before I'll be happy with it tho, but I'll keep everyone posted...

A week full of alcohol and hangovers (and *ahem* other stuff) would get any man down for a week or two :)

(If only because the alcohol's stopped flowing :blush:).

Really though, we wouldn't have gotten this far without Slaughter. I'd still be pottering about with just my X-COM site and dreaming lazily (and I do mean lazily) of bigger and better things :)

Trust me, you really don't want to know about the other "stuff". My stomach turns just thinking about it. :bad: :)

Looking good Pete! My eyes must be better now that I increased the size of the fonts (via my browser) and the brightness (via my monitor). All kinds of new things are popping up every day. Kudos! :blush:

- Zombie

Nearly there - I solved the "problem" with lots of subforums and moderators being listed making the screen look cramped. Head over to the test forums and look to the right of the forum titles, then roll your mouse over the "Moderator" and "Subforums" links to bring up the list.

Clicking on them will take you to logical places - a moderator list, and into the forum where you can see the subforums :blush:

Works fine on IE, Firefox, Mozilla, but not sure about Opera. Not to be nasty to Opera users, but if it doesn't work, then you can still click on the links at the very least whilst the other 99.995% of us can see the hover as well :)

Oooh, and it's not javascript either, so should work if you've got javascript turned off.

Will tweak the background colours and fonts a little and that's as much as I'm going to do to it.

That's the one limitation - you can't click on those - it's only a "popup" (not really a popup at allas it's done with CSS) to tell you what's there when you click on the title - eitehr "Subforums" or "Moderators". The popup bit isn't meant to be clicked on.

However, the solution apparently works across all browsers. Thanks for testing! :blush:

Trust me, you really don't want to know about the other "stuff". My stomach turns just  thinking about it.  :bad: 

Eghh.... I was going to put down, "And Zombie please don't answer seriously to my sarcastic question"

Who would know that this would be his first post in the thread!! Anyway Pete, whats this hovering business??

Oh yeah, and all site sections/pages except the site main page shoudl now shrink down fine for 800x600 users.

The one thing restricting the main page is the "Newest File" bit at the top, so I may remove that.

Any 800x600 users care to test a little and tell me if I got it working right? I know some things are going to look a little cramped for you chaps, but all I can say is that yoiu'll have to bite the bullet and go to 1024x768 one day no matter how much it makes you squint. A lot of newer monitors (mostly flat screen) don't do 800x600 any more :angry:

In case anyone hadn't noticed, the new forum skin is in place. I still need to change the buttons so they're a little better looking and so forth, but the tidying up excercise has been done.

As for forums that have been moved:

StrategyCore Section

The Polling Station is now in the Off Topic forum

X-COM

d20 and the Simming forums are in a new Roleplaying forum

X-COM projects has been deleted and all project topics are not in the StrategyCore Special Projects section

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go... :angry:

Nah, it's your browser's cache caching the page. I changed the buttons a few days ago, but there's no way to force a complete reload of the site's HTML on everyone's browsers.

If you ever see the buttons wrong again, just press CTRL + F5 and it'll empty the browser cache for the page you're on and reload it all perfectly. They shouldn't swap around again any time soon though :angry: