Feedback on StrategyCore

Slaughter

So with images switched off it's faster then, donuts an image issue - that's good to know.

I reckon it's the number of semi-transparent PNG's I'm using - one for each table cell and tables are rendred on top of tables. Don't get me wrong, it's all done with 2 1pixel by 1pixel png images but it sounds like your browsers are having trouble with the layering and therefore determining how opaque each cell should be.

The reason it's fine on the site pages is that there are no tables on most pages and only very simple tables on pages like the shop - certainly no overlapping like you get with forum templates.

What I'll do at some point then is remove the background images entirely and just set solid background colours. You won't be able to see the nice starry background through the forums then but it will hopefully load a lot quicker :D

I just realized that on my desktop machine, running the just about the same setup only with Vista Preimum; the forums seem ALOT less laggy. There's still a slight jerkness to it, but nothing like my laptop. I'll have to do some tweaking to try to pinpoint the difference.

Ha, just re-read my earlier post and my iPhone had posted donuts instead of doubtless :D

Gimli - yeah, I like it the posher way too. It's really weird though as I've tested it on different browsers and older rigs.

I'll do it as an option as you say.

Ha, just re-read my earlier post and my iPhone had posted donuts instead of doubtless :D

Gimli - yeah, I like it the posher way too. It's really weird though as I've tested it on different browsers and older rigs.

I'll do it as an option as you say.

Did I click something to get this threaded view, or did you mess with something? I can't stand it!

Oh, and make it an option alright.

You must have clicked it, though I have seen someone else recently say they thought it had switched view randomly.

Work is finally underway to move to the new version of the software though so hopefully it will be a tad more reliable.

Can someone tell me how I turn off the threaded view? I've looked around my profile, and can find nothing but "Forum default" etc.

Never mind, found it in options in the topic. Terrible threaded view!

I didn't mean you were ridiculous, just the way some browsers are behaving. Don't take that remark the wrong way please guys, it's a dig against browser manufacturers who after more than a decade still haven't settled on how things should work.

The way it's supposed to work is that any images loaded either directly in the HTML code or referenced via a stylesheet are cached after the first page load, so it would be a bit slow the first time and lightning fast thereafter. Apparenty some browsers seem to be behaving differently with different OS's and graphics cards even which was totally unexpected by me - I mean loading a few graphics shouldn't even require the use of more than onboard graphics.

Just a moan at the number if browsers a web designer has to work with, not at you guys who are doing a grand job pinpoiting the issue.

I don't suppose those of you experiencing the issue have your browsers set to delete your browsing history when you shut them down do you? Just want to rule out that as well if possible.

those of you experiencing the issue have your browsers set to delete your browsing history when you shut them down do you?

My browser is always set to history not deleted ("Conserver l'historique" in my french one).

I did read the other day that caching of background images could be the issue. This only seemed to be the case in older versions of IE though (pre IE8) though I guess it could still happen with compatibility mode switched on in IE8.

I know some of you have already, but if you haven't and have experienced the issue pleas post your browser and the version number for that browser. Anyone who has two browsers installed - let me know if it's an issue in both of them :D

Thanks everyone.

I didn't mean you were ridiculous, just the way some browsers are behaving. Don't take that remark the wrong way please guys, it's a dig against browser manufacturers who after more than a decade still haven't settled on how things should work.

Oh ok I see... :):D

The files siteweb part is slow, even without background picture (if you had put it):

For each mouse scroll, there is 8 small jumps. Before I even couldn't count them (if there were).

I wonder wether you changed the server hardware..