Feedback on StrategyCore

Slaughter

• 2 weeks later...

Since im having a little break in studying i wish to comment the changes made,

so far so good i guess, although im still not used to the new layout. THe lack

of traffic is simple explained, noone plays ufo aftermath anymore, until aftershock

is out the crowd has nothing to talk about. Personally im missing a mod forum,

although we have little to discuss there atm, we still could hang out in our

personal area to spin ideas about possible mods, seeking ideas and new ppl

to join our cause, while i hope to see some of the veterans, cux im far too lazy

to figure out everything myself, i rather collect wisdom and use it than seeking it.

And of course i want a sticky "we worship the mighty god of war" thread :D

Fixed, but that's not the only problem...

For some reason the multi-quote button has lost it's "border='0'" setting, and is now highlighted purple or blue (when it shouldn't be highlighted at all)... Same goes for the bulk moderation tick boxes. I can't find the thingy which lets me add this back in. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, looks like there is some kind of page size/complexity limit.

With the dozens of codes (opening HTML tags,hide tags, IMG tags and title tags) it appears it's having a hard time sorting through them to replace them all.

The page is currently broken whilst I'm fixing it, trying to strip out as many tags as possible and replace them with plain HTML where possible to see if that helps.

K, page fixed, but I had to remove all the extra info for people or else it wouldn't load.

Much as I enjoy upgrading things, it looks like I might be forced to upgrade the site CMS to the latest version soon, but it'll darn well wait til after Christmas - I've not had a chance to re-skin the forums yet and after upgrading the CMS - yup, you guessed it - I'll have to re-skin that from scratch too.

Happy days :)

Here's a thought. How about adding spoiler tags? Basicly, they hide the text unless you move your mouse pointer over them. So that people don't have to skip whole topics that might contain spoilers, also some topics aren't marked that they contain spoilers, but in the meantime a spoiler can get in.

It's not that important, I just think it could be nifty. :cool: Anyway, the forum interface is very nice, much better than in some other forums I visit.

Also, when I have to log in, I am not redirected ayutomatically (I'm using Firefox).

Oh yeah, another thing. Would it be possible to add more "slots" for system specs in the "User control panel" in the "Information" section? It would be useful, because when someone needs help, you don't have to ask them for their specs, you can just look into their User Profile.

Cheers,

Gimli :)