Slaughter, on Jul 3 2005, 01:03 PM, said:
1: Do you like the new StrategyCore concept, or did you prefer the separate sites we used to have? Why?
2: Do you think the new forums are too big, or is it okay? Why?
3: If you post less than before, or not at all, what is the reason?
4: What could we do to improve StrategyCore? How?
5: Are you redirected to this site when you use x-com.co.uk and ufoaftermath.co.uk? If no, what browser do you use (including version number)
6: Anything else you'd like to comment on? Feel free to do so, as any feedback is valuable. And criticism is welcomed!
1. My answer the that? "Eh.". I come here for the forum aspect mainly. The interaction amuses me more than brushing up on stuff I already know (but I do quite like it as a informative resource for people we've infected....uh, introduced to the games we enjoy).
2. Again "Eh". You get used to them, although when the change first took place, I did wish that you could customise the look of the forum a bit so that you could feel at home by making it look like the older forums (for those still in the 'getting used to something new but would prefer to ease into it' phase). I did that with Windows XP when I first stated using it and swapped it out from that clashing blue-red scheme to ye olde classic windows skin, But again, you get used to it. This blue/black scheme was an immediate contrast from the orange/black theme (for the X-Com forums, at least), but if this site was paisley with tulip patterns I guess I'd settle in - after a bit of counselling. It's the company - not the looks. Actually I'm still using ye old Windows scheme - I like simple.
3. I've always responded to discussions threads that pique my interest. I'm not much of a topic starter. If there aren't any interesting discussions, I don't participate. If there are, I do. I'm rather boring, actually, but there you go.
4. Just keep up the good work and don't less us nag you to death with every little complaint we have. Just do what's right.
5. Redirected and updated my old bookmark. Never had to be redirected since. Firefox 0.8 - have yet to update it as it's still rather a pleasing browser so far (well, except its inability to stick the right icons onto the right bookmarks - or sticking non-related icons onto sites that don't have icons - like my Strategycore bookmark has the Google logo on it) .
6. NKF likes pies. This site doesn't smell like pie. If this site could smell like pie, I bet it would really take off! You could try asking Cheap As Free Toys how they get to make their Strong Bad action figures smell like hot cakes. That was a legitimate bit of criticism and a suggestion - albeit nonsensical.
NKF, narrow minded fuddy duddy who refuses to let go of the past and will not accept anything newer than 1979.