Which area have you gunned down the most?

darkvenom

Throughout playing xcom i have found that the one area that has always been overrun by alien activity is in Europe... i always establish firstly in the US or Europe primarly because of the income you recieve...

But once i decided to establish in the Arctic (North) and alien activity was quite high in that area??? Whats going on, are aliens deciding to melt the polar caps so that we are flooded!......

Are the preparing us for an even bigger threat !cough! !cough! (TFTD)....

Well i really enjoyed the snowy mountains recover of a medium scout in the north!... it would be kewl if their was snow on the ships though...

• 1 year later...

On the bright side, if you do well in Europe, you get cash bonuses from most of the countries there.

Compare that with the US. Though it pays much, only Canada and South America will probably chip in. But in Europe, there's Germany, Russia, France, Italy, Africa, Britain, etc.

Europe pays more in terms of bonuses in the long run. The US Pays more initially.

I wonder why wasn't this thread replied to back in 03? How odd indeed! Must've gone off the first page before anyone could see it.

- NKF

As a general rule in any forum, it is considered bad manners to revive a dead thread. It's called 'necro-ing'. The idea is, that if the original poster has gone, any posts aimed his way are simply spam, as he won't read them.

However, if you can do so and create an interesting discussion for everyone out of it, no one will complain. :P

Until recently, I built my first base in the US, primarily because I wanted to protect the funds it gives. Then my second base went somewhere in Europe - a central location like Germany or Hungary.

After figuring out that your first base costs roughly the same no matter what the location, I revised my strategy. Now, I build my first base in Europe because that is the most expensive place ($1,000,000). That's like a cost savings of $500,000 over somewhere cheap like central Asia, or $200,000 savings over the United States ($800,000 normally). After that, my second base goes in the United States.

I usually try to get my second base started late in the first month or early in the second (depending on cash reserves). As long as you visit that first Terror Site your score should be high enough to impress the United States irregardless of alien activity there. This guarantees a 0 to 20% funding increase. By late in the second month I try to have a Large Radar up and running to detect any alien threat. By then, my ground troops have improved their stats sufficiently to tackle the threats in both areas. Also, I have laser weaponry researched which makes fighting easier! :P