Entropy Launchers

Blehm 98

I thought you could use entropy launchers, then saw on some site that you can't. Why can you not use them? They are very powerful and useful, especially on raids or against skeletoids and anthropods, and i can't see why they are disabled. Unless they aren't, at which point, close and delete this thread

You can't build them, but you can certainly gather and use them.

The only downside of using them is that you reduce the amount of loot you can recover and it'll only work on enemies that carry equipment (and selling loot for money is a very big concern for quite a number of players) . Aliens with built in weapons haven't got anything that'll explode and harm them, they'll still take impact damage, but this isn't that serious compared to unarmoured humans.

- NKF

Yeah, well, i still make tons of money, but arming a team with entropy launchers and back-up disrupters and raiding someone(sirius maybe, but i don't like raiding sirius or any gang because they actually hurt me) and then cooking them alive

I'd only use it on a few aliens, and it would be very satisfying to kill aliens with their own evil weapons

also, if you pick up a loaded brainsucker launcher in the battlescape, can you use it?

Well, you can't normally load brainsuckers and bring them into a raid as brainsucker pods don't appear in the cityscape inventory screen, but I once edited some in and all they wanted to do was attack my human/hybrid soldiers - no one else. So it wouldn't have much effect. You've probably noticed how the aliens totally ignore civilians...

It's sad. In Apocalypse, everyone's out to get you.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...
I just wish the civilians in Apoc were more intelligent!!! I'm sick of seeing yellow dressed ladies running around when theres a groteque aliens next to her!

Well civies do have nice death screams :confused:

As for weapons, you can edit alien weapons to appear in your equipment screen - but megaspawn weapons do not work for humans... bummer... :sad:

Well, you'd think the civilians would run away, but not, they run to the aliens and stand in front of them or they run into my LOF while i'm shooting! And the aliens are smart enough to know civilians are voluntary body shields. I swear, when i think about how stupid the civilians are i get very angry

Unusually enough, the company that owns the building doesn't care about the people thatl are in it - except perhaps the armed guards. All they really care about is the building, and if it's damaged in any way (doesn't matter who does the damage), you're going to take the blame for it. They don't seem to mind if miss yellow dress and hat drops dead for some inexplicable reason - not even the aliens care to attack civilians.

So don't worry about the civilians. Worry about collateral damage and watch where those bullets go! :P

Okay it's not that bad, but a little bit of property damage at a time can eventually cause the company to go ape and think the aliens are their friends - whether or not the aliens want it.

- NKF

well, in reality, for me, i prefer if civilians get killed, it keeps my score down, i gain score so fast sometimes that killing civilians to bring my score down can help

I actually hate miss yellow dress, and it is very funny to me when civilians get caught in the crossfire between me and the aliens, as the run at the aliens zigzagging to catch my fire, dropping like flies

i had something wierd happen the other day...i was raiding one of the bases in the alien dimension and usually i'm a cheap lil bastard who equips all my doods with marsec flight gear on the torso and put disrupt armour on the arms and legs and fly all around the base only landing to plant bombs, anywho this idiot skelatoid shoot one of my best guys with ONE and ONLY ONE lil entropy missile, it eats off the marsec torso and he falls all the way down to his death, even with all the health upgrade from training he dies instantly...shows how luckly effective those stupid bugs are...

• 2 weeks later...