Special edition of Aftershock?

When Cenega announced the fanfic competition, they said that the winning entry would be included in the special edition of Aftershock.

What will be the differences between the special edition and the standard edition? Did they just mean that they are restricting an English language story to the English language version of the game? Or does this mean that they are releasing two different versions of the game in each country?

All valid questions I'd like to see answered myself, Accounting troll. Along with another one: would that Special Edition of the game ship at the same time as the standard one ?

::

Interestingly, at the official UFO: Aftershock site, Contest section, the wording used when addressing the alternate edition of the game is slightly different: "The most interesting story (...) will be published in a collector's edition of UFO: Aftershock" :confused:

Just to add my thoughts, as I would like to write something for this competition, it would seem to me to be unfortunate to write something, have it become Cenega property, and only get published in an edition that fewer people will have. Maybe it's just me, but I'm planning on buying the initial edition only, and not messing around with special or collector's editions.

We'll be allowed to publish all stories that do not win at StrategyCore, and the winnner(s) some time after the Special Edition is released. 6 months or so is an estimate on the winner stories.

Regarding the Special Edition, it will be released at the same time as the normal one. I do not know what it will contain besides the story, but the story will only be present in the Special Edition.

@Dragonhawk:

It appears that the Contest page at the official UFO: AS site has recently been the object of an update pertaining the ownership of the submitted stories. Quoting:

"The chosen story (stories) will remain property of it's author(s) with a condition that it won't be published before worldwide release of collector's edition."

@Olav:

"Regarding the Special Edition, it will be released at the same time as the normal one."

Niiice ! :confused: Thanks for the info. :grr:

Sorry for misunderstanding, but collector's edition is the same as special edition. I suppose collecor's is better to understand in English. We in Czech republic use to call collector's edition special even if there is written something else. Do you still understand :-] ?

https://www.xzone.cz/cenegashop/nahledgame.php3?idg=911

https://www.alapage.com/mx/?id=219931088078...REF_NOVA=623956

From the Cenega site:

When delivered to us all the stories become an ownership of CENEGA Publishing.

That is the official word, as Cenega is the publisher.

As for the stories, they might get translated, and will only be in the Special Edition that will be released at the same time or shortly after the normal one.

"Do you still understand :-]"

I believe I do, Mr. Jiri :confused:

I had already suspected that to be the case, but it's always good to have things clarified with definitiveness.

p.s.: in the future you should try to avoid having packages with the exact same content published under different denominations. It brews confusion and may mislead potential buyers in a market where distinct "Special" and "Collector"'s editions are perfectly possible...

It's not randomly, I use collector's. Cenege uses special :-]

About the box cover - it's upon distributor if they call it special or collector's. I suppose English and Americans use more collector's, in Europe use more special. Anyway I try not to confuse you anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Doh, I missed all the discussion.

I read down the list, and I get the impression that the game site contest dsecription allows the stories to be distributed independently after an allotted time period, whereas Cenega is staying on the original line. It looks sort of conflicting to me, but Slaughter may be correct in pointing out that Cenega may get the last say.

Hmm... Well, maybe I'll write something, then decide whether to put it up here or submit it.