X-COM d20 RPG and David Ellis is "back"

Slaughter

X-COM d20 RPG:

For everyone out there that like pen & paper roleplaying, we have some good news. Copybass is working on a d20 Modern adaptation of X-COM. If you are not familiar with d20 Modern, you can read more about it at the official Wizards site. In addition to the rules for pen & paper, he is also making a system for playing it online. If you feel like joining his game, or sharing your ideas, visit the X-COM d20 forum here.

David Ellis is "back":

Some of you might remember David Ellis from his days with Microprose developing the X-COM franchise. If you don't, you can read three nice articles made by Cyke at The Last Outpost (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3).

Dave is currently working with ALTAR on the upcoming sequel to UFO:Aftermath called UFO:Aftershock. He will be rewriting some of the game text, dialogue and manual. Nothing creative this time, as he came in fairly late in the development, but good to have him back never the less!

So Mr. Ellis is rewriting "some" of UFO: Aftershock's game text? I figured that if he was hired by ALTAR, all the text would be rewritten- for the better. I am really looking forward to seeing his latest work. Welcome back to the wonderful world of UFO's, Dave! ;)

What do you mean "what is he doing"? As I wrote, he is rewriting parts of the manual and so on. If you're wondering what he's done in the past, check out the interviews with him that I linked to in the news post. Or was it something else you meant?

• 4 months later...