Music

Solitaire

A gift from me to you, these are two videos of Malice Mizer, one of the bands i'm a mahoosive fan of.

Le Ciel is a bit choppy (both of these were taken from TV) and grainy, Gardenia is (In my own very humble opinion) a better song, it's excellent quality (apart from a couple of small glitches in colour) and Mana (the guy with blue hair - yes it is a 'he') looks hotter and you see more of him than in the Le Ciel video.

https://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=07C4SAH...IJ0OJ7ER5ZLRBYX

Le Ciel video

https://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33S08IMMIF3ZW1IJ0I89MBH32U

Gardenia Video

This kind of music isn't to everyobody's taste, but go into it with an open mind, you might be suprised.

edit:

The files expired due to too many downloads or it got to seven days, I'll put them back up if anyone's intetested.

I downloaded them when you first posted, just didn't reply to it. Not my cup of tea though.

No, I didn't think anyone would, they're rather too 'pop' for many peoples tastes (though I enjoy them immensely). I uploaded them because another site I go to is dedicated to Japanese bands and a few people asked for the videos and didn't see the point in wasting the amount of downloads that were available.

This might be more up everyone's street (I hope)- this is rock (hard rock as far as i'm concerned, but maybe we all judge these things differently) Interestingly the guy who wrote this song (and all of the songs for this band, he plays lead guitar too) also wrote both of the tracks above, which were for his old band.

https://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QBHN22...UM2DIFB5ORP5960

• 4 months later...

EMI CD 552 911 2 = 20 tracks = when you're in love with a beautiful woman

TOP TEN from the CD: (I just LOVE this CD at the mo)

• Congregration Softly whispering I love you
  • Commodores Easy
  • Peter Noone Oh you pretty thing
  • Elton John Rocket Man
  • Don Mclean American Pie
  • Rod Stewart You wear it well
  • Stealers Wheel Stuck in the middle with you
  • Hot Chocolate Emma
  • Peter Skellern You're a lady
  • Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel Come up and see me

'Softly whispering I love you' was successfully covered by Paul Young but nothing beats the original version by Congregation and this is the top number on this sensational 70s CD!!

'You wear it well' is one of Rod Stewart's best stock songs - the only one that beats it is 'Maggie May'

'Stuck in the middle with you,' I remember this so well on the radio clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right :(

'Emma' - a right slow and penetrating number this - what a voice our Errol has - too much!!

'Easy' - oh boy, have you seen these guys in their outfits? singing on stage? I asked the missus to get me a jacket like those guys wear but she's still saving up :( blinding performance and song, really love this

'Oh you pretty thing' a real classic and I love the part where "I look out my window and what do I see? A crack in the sky and a hand reaching down to me = all the nightmares came today" whooboy, love the lyrics on this - totally terrific

BEST OF THE REST FROM THE CD

Joe South Games People Play

The Hollies The air that I breathe

Hurricane Smith Don't let it die

:mad: a great CD, so many tracks that I just love from the 70s! ok - what's YOUR best compilation CD?? :(

I like John Broomhall most of all. His music has taught me a lot and has definitely changed my picture of music. I suppose most of you already know, but he's the composer in X-Com and Transport Tycoon. I never grow tired of the TT-tracks, and they fit so well into the game.

Rob Hubbard is also worth mentioning.

Jogeir Liljedahl

Maktone

Moby

Röyksopp

Kraftwerk

Timbuktu

Cracktro's in general.

:phew: see this see this, this is me being really smug because I introduced FA to the SkaPara.

If you're talking Ska you must mention the Skatalites. A seminal 'Old Skool'(theres no school like the old school) Jamaican Ska band who are still playing today, though no longer recording. It's estimated that they've played around 90% of ALL Jamaican tunes in there time together.

However the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra is my personal fave. If you havent heard them they play proper old skool ska cranked up to 130bpm. they are AMAZING and i need to see them live before I die.

Recently discovered Robert Johnson, one of the original Delta Blues artists. You could google his name but most of the websites about him try to exagerate his career and end up sounding completely rubbish. all you need to know is this. . .

He was the original bluesman to learn to play the guitar by selling his soul to the devil at a crossroads

He recorded 42 tracks (of 29 songs) in total (all available on one double CD set, buy it now!)

He was poisoned and killed by a barman for flirting with his wife when only aged 27

What more do you need to know?

• 6 years later...