Invasion2021: Last Line of Defense

StarikLesovik

well...then there nothing to say except you guys are doing one great job! congrats!!

I am wondering if this screens are from your project...I belive they are since in the site they are under "Invasion2021" and they look like you concept...but i am not sure since you guys haven't posted anything like this here (not that i've seen anyway). And also since the demo does not look anything like this...this screens have a lot of things that are NOT in the demo (unless i ahve download an old version).

https://nodland.sitecity.ru/album_2208102405.phtml

Here's two that really caught my attention since they look awesome:

https://nodland.sitecity.ru/album_2208102405.phtml?pix=42

here we can se a farm like map, with a ship (amazing look)...but the thing that i LOVED was the HUD look at all those flashy colors :P (it looks amazing!!!!).

https://nodland.sitecity.ru/album_2208102405.phtml?pix=43

here's one of the inventory and it looks AWESOME1!!!...only one word comes to mind and it's "PERFECTION"!!!

hope this are screens of your next release... ;) ...errr...also hope i haven't dig in too much :D ...keep up the good work this trully deserves to be call "THE TRUE X-COM SEQUEL"!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately NOD (art director of project) has left the project and all its works have remained in the old versions.

Interface and sprites was changed because it is made by another man. Оnly one man should develop all arts and style of game.

Farms and UFO will return in next versions not less beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry to be a bore, but can we speak in English in posts please if only because I can't tell whether you're making fun of me or not :D;)

They are not making fun of you ;)

RVI is just too naive and does not know anything about software development (he is the graphics designer). So he heavily underestimates the complexity and importance of programming part of job and critiques StarikLesovik for the absence of 3D in his game in a manner that seems a bit offending to me. StarikLesovik replies that he would better have the project as it is (2D) but finished, not dropping it halfway.

If I'm wrong here, I hope that RVI or StarikLesovik would correct me.

On the other hand RVI's project (Prisoners of Taal) does not have anything to show but some 3D models, creative texts and screenshots. They do not have a single programmer in their team and are only trying to recruit some. But considering their attitude and too high expectations, I doubt that any sane programmer would ever join them :D So their project seems to be doomed to me

2RVI, StarikLesovik:

Anyway, let's go to https://www.xcomrus.com/forum/ if we want to discuss anything in Russian. That forum has subsections for all of our projects but it is not too lively now (something that is up to us to change ;)).

2Pete.

roger that! :D

is english your native language? so... can you help me to translate "Invasion 2021" on english? i understand what you don't know russian, but you can translate using machine-translator and then you'll correct grammar. At last i'll check up that the sense was not lost.

2serge.

you correctly translated and understood our (with RVI) talk.

• 1 month later...

I posted it in the news StarikLesovik.

On a related note, I can't make the latest version run. My screen just goes black for half a second, and then back to the desktop. And yes, I did configure it, and I have the latest Omega drivers for my ATI Mobile Radeon 9700 128 MB. The other hardware are Pentium M "Dothan" 1.7 GHz, 1024 PC 3200 RAM, 7200 RPM 60 GB HD and Windows XP Home with DirectX 9.0c and SP1a.