Zombie Mod

Turretso

Okay, I am pretty sure I got everything I need, but from what I saw of the editor I am pretty keen to stick with Maya at this point.

At this point I'd be changing the skin for the panzerkleins into green skinned zombies, and then dumping masses of the zombies into the standard story maps. yet, being very inexperienced with modding I was wondering whether it is possible to ditch human enemies and replace them with the reworked panzer/zombies?

Also, if anyone knows how to change unti stats without the map editor?

Oh yeah, and if anyone at all wants to offer any advice or help with this venture it would be very much appreciated.

As I am no modder I can't really help you much. Hopefully one of the modders will answer your questions soon. In the meantime you can find a Maya plugin here in case you didn't know. Welcome to the boards, and good luck with your modding! :cool:

Boo yah!

I just got the editor up and running! also, I am enlisting a friend to throw together a mac10, shotty and chainsaw model together in maya, which thanks to the plugin can be imported into the root structure of the game editor.

I just have another simple q.

Is there ny way to get at the source files the editor uses? so I can make a full conversion as opposed to a mod...perhaps a res unpacker?

waiting eagerly on reply.

T

If you are really going to make zombies to SS I would like to know do you have plans to make new (walking/action) animations too:

Zombies doesn't act like humans... "aaarnngh" :)

-no weapon ones walk both hands straight to moving direction and drag other leg (stereotype?)

-ones who got weapons (somehow) look and move like trolls or something

-change blood from red to green

-zombies maybe should take hits and fall down unlike than humans

...so there is lots of work for 'believable-digital-zombies' but if you manage it would be great to have somekind of "zombie-addon-pack":

-pack all stuffs out of editor and write good tutorial/instructions how to extract those to editor database

-(or) change some units in orginal missions/randoms (just MonsterID number) and release it so we will see how your zombies work/act

Unit Stats you can change with Access or Blueshell (I haven't edit those but should be possible).

There is RES-re-extracter-file free to download somewhere (created by Novik)... so far I have used it only for textures.

If you want to know something specific about scenario creating... just ask (btw vs has made good post about getting new campaing started). To create a new scenario is quite big thing (because there is lots of different ways to create campaing) so maybe you should have a good scratch what you want to your campaing and think what kind of missions and playing you like. ;)

• 1 year later...
Uh oh, new blood in the water... Which means, let's dredge up some old topics to discuss! Zombies are what's needed in this game. I'm not much of a modder, but I definitely see potential for a good Dawn of The Dead scenario here. There's already a zombie model, ztest, (already equipped with the out-stretched arms) hidden in the editor. I think some simple skin changes and maybe a creative new weapon design (invisible melee weapons to equip an NPC zombie with), and we'd have our living dead. There's a topic in the Nival forums (also long dead) about a zombie mod with lots of good ideas. Anyone interested please jump in on this. Being the new guy, I probably only have expertise in ideas at this time. I'm still experimenting with the editor, but I'm hoping to be able to bring some custom graphics into the mix and recreate a map of a shopping mall (need lots of glass panels and signage to pull off a legitimate store front).