Other gaming news

Wait. You want us to cover you in cement and stick you in a basement?

Pete! Do we still have all that builder's sand?

Yes, and I have a paint roller in my hand so if I can find the mini cement mixer then we can make it look like nothing happened.

Oh, wait, we're not taking about burying him. My bad!

We have been following it for a long time now, remember (1, 2)? We're the best skull hunters. wink.png

::

Those guys just went mostly silent-mode after that with no real new media to speak of. We'll ambush their General one of these days yet...

I remembered right after I posted that, seems like ages since we last heard from them.

Castle Story!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPAMXCCEgkA

Have you heard of Zombie Exodus?

Promptly got this, and despite the erratic quality of the writing and copious errors, it's still pretty enjoyable (boo to meeting the same characters down what are supposed to be branching paths though). Tried to buy Cathedral, won't let me. Fine, you don't want my money, I can be 63 pence richer then. :)

“Heavy discounts are bad for gamers,” Rambourg explained. “If a gamer buys a game he or she doesn’t want just because it’s on sale, they’re being trained to make bad purchases, and they’re also learning that games aren’t valuable. We all know gamers who spend more every month on games than they want to, just because there were too many games that were discounted too deeply. That’s not good for anyone.”

Seriously, I'd slap that guy. With pleasure.

It's a bit of a laugh, coming from GOG. Their games are extremely cheap, and it's not like Steam is slapping 80% discounts on new games, they're squeezing the last few or starting a whole new run of sales of a particular title that has fallen out of the limelight.

“If a gamer buys a game he or she doesn’t want just because it’s on sale,

The daftest thing I've heard in a long time. Let me get this straight: some people buy games they don't want just because it's on sale?

Ah.

Um.

No.

If you don't want a game, you don't buy it.

Yes, I've done that too, I've bought plenty of games I didn't have time for, but I have never bought a game I didn't want. Not needing them and not having time for them are not the same thing as not wanting them.

I don't want the Mass Effect games, for instance, so I have never bought them. Nor will I ever, no matter how cheap they become.

I always used it as random news about random games we don't usually cover, I think a game like Skyrim deserved its own topic since it's bound to generate a lot of discussion, but The Legend of Grimlock being released would probably earn very few replies if it had a topic for its own.

It's a slightly tricky one though as I imagine (not having actually checked) that these all started out as Indie titles from Indie devs that ended up finding a publisher in EA.

That said, you're not really independent any more if you've got a giant of a publisher releasing your games, so maybe it's actually pretty clear cut.