UFO2000 - X-Com multiplayer!

Slaughter

UFO2000 is a fan-made project that adds multiplayer to X-Com! It enables you to challenge other people over the Internet, or play against a friend in hotseat mode. Design a team of X-Com agents the way you want and measure your tactical abilities fighting fellow commanders. You'll need the original UFO:Enemy Unknown to play UFO2000, and you can get it here.

snapshot.pngarcufo3.JPGarcufo1.JPG

To gain a better overview of active UFO2000 players, JoeJoe have set up a site where you can register your clan. You can read more about it in this topic, and find the site itself here. They have also started a domination tournament that you can read more about in this tread.

snapshot_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You know JoeJoe too? He is currently registered in the Xenocide forums, no wonder you know about UFO2000's tournaments. I am part of his staff on the tournaments.

I have to say this is a wonderful game and I have been playing almost all the time, which I win most of my battles now. Now I use conventional weapons to make it harder for me. ;)

If I were you, I would change the user name from anonymous to something else because someone else might have that name since its default. When typing in a password, just type in any password you like which has to be 5 or more characters long. Be sure to remember your password because if you don't, you won't be logged in as that user name. But you can always use another like it. Feel free to ask me more questions, I will be happy to answer them for you.

Hi, I'm a big fan and player of ufo2000. If anyone never played it your missing out. I'm a also a map maker. As you can see from my signature, I have made quite some. If any of you want to suggest maps, feel free to talk to me.

Hey, I noticed your map UFO Yard - Arctic is posted at the beginning of this topic (the two middle ones). I guess your maps are getting more well known Plasma. ;)

If you look closely at the name with the heavy plasma everybody, you will see "Sectoid Commander" The leader of Plasma's team on UFO2000.

If we can get some pages up about the game in our projects section we'd be happy to :)

For examples of the kind of stuff we've got up there already as an example of the kind of content we're after, check out https://www.strategycore.co.uk/pg/projects

Many apologies if Slaughter has already added an identical post further up, but I couldn't be bothered looking ;)

• 1 month later...
oh man oh man oh man i cant contain myself..ok i need serious help here..how can i get this? where do i get UFO from? and so on...this is too good i bet evil fate will deny me such pleasure as to play UFO enemey unknown online...BUT I MUST!!! :confused:

Thanks slaughter this is awsome i play at least 2 games a day..im z00L on there i have like a basic army , all with power armour, loaded plasma rifle +1 clip and alien grenade and i set money to 30k..i just make it with 29,399...think this is good or can you sugest some cool set ups that you find are fun to play?

is flying armour worth it?

are sectoids good and green aliens? hmm i wonder..im a noob online but a pwner inr eal game :P

thanks again all responsible for this community and UFO2000

long live X-COM!

Many improvements were made to make it better from xcom...and since it is still in beta testing...everything is not for sure statistic-wise and probably won't for a very long time. I am hoping my new item set will be implemented soon. :)

Recently...the mutons armor was boosted up to 70 front, 60 sides, 50 back and under because their health is normally 125 in the original xcom and ufo2000 can only get up to 80. Now mutons will be stronger than ever. Currently the muton armor patch is only for the beta, and will be in the next stable.

The sectoids are weak as they should be...but at least they are a choice to put for an offensive unit. :P

Flying suits now fly and cost 200 more in the beta. The cost raise was due to the fact that they have a better advantage in air over ground units.

There has been items added to the item list for the beta, item balances, small launcher can launch alien grenades and small bombs. Small bombs were called stun missiles, but are now called stun bombs because they act as a grenade as well as ammunition for the small launcher.

I also have the orignal xcom and liked it, but wanted to see bugs fixed and certain things changed. So I looked for patches and found ufo2000. I was surprised to see it as multiplayer.

I have been playing ufo2000 since March of this year and still enjoy it. :D

Today the new stable release of ufo2000 is being pressed to high priority to get done so we can introduce the new features since not many know about the beta versions and some don't play them because they are for "beta" testing. We are hoping the child issues of the stable release will be done faster since we are trying to focus on the stable release and nothing else for the time being.

To Slaughter: I need to gather some info on ufo2000 still don't I? ;)

• 3 months later...