2 quick questions

First, I just got S3 and I am curious as to the first genuine mission, the test of loyalty. I think I have killed everyone except the rifleman on the terrace across the street from the pub but I am not sure. The odds are overwhelming and I took over two hours trying to get an acceptable outcome with my grenadier main character. I had to leave combat and high-tail it back to the main base before I bled out. Should I reload and try again? I don't think it's possible but if the loot is worth it I will do my best.

And the other question is, do I want a grenadier for a main character, or is there a better choice? Thanks alot.

On your first question I'd say it's surely possible to kill them all. Not easy, but possible. I had a shootout in the pub, and then moved into the backroom. There I found a cellar door I think (can't remember for sure, but I think it was there), so I explored it. Then I went out the backdoor of the pub, and snuck up on the rifleman through the trees and bushes in front of the pub. Had a hard time doing that, but after a few reloads it worked out okay.

On your second question, I'd say that in my opinion a grenadier is one of the coolest choices. I love blowing everything up ;). But, to begin with grenadier is probably not the easiest, as there are better marksmen than him available. Fun later, a little harder to begin with.

Oh, and welcome to the boards! :cool:

Thanks again. I was tempted to buy the Lewis heavy machine gun off him but I will wait. Also, to anyone who has played Sentinels, what happens to all the loot that I had Sam and Wallis pick up after the 'Saving Sentinel' Mission? Will I ever see it again?

Sweet! I didn't know that either!

As for the loot/merchandise, it's really up to you. If you want the best stuff as quickly as possible, buy it, by all means. But if you want to have some extra cash, make do with the slightly less-badass weapons and wait to find them on the battlefield. If you have to pay for medical attention, do that first, and THEN see about new weapons. It's pretty hard to use fancy equipment if you bleed out before you can hit the battlefield...

I am an incredibly stingy gamer and never buy anything I don't absolutely need. I'm jonesing for a sniper rifle right now, and a good one costs quite a bit, and you don't find those lying around AT ALL in the first 4 or 5 missions, dammit. At least, not in my game :cool: .

You have a choice in missions.

Spoiler alert! :cool:

'

'

soon

:)

wait

:)

Either, the deflector or somerhing that will render you a silenced Welrod.

Or, the snitch that gets you a silenced Sten AND a scoped Lee Enfiled.

Or, mine mission which renders you a lot of dough if you look in the right places.

(And somethings gnawing at mind that there was 4 missions! Damn Alzheimer.) ;)

Anyway you can only take 3.

Choose wisely.

Edit: Memory kicks in! There's also A scoped Lee Enfield and a Lewis hidden in the mines. ( I think)

And the fourth of the missions is one above/below ground without any special weapons as I recall. :)

When you find the Bank mission in Germany, just to the right of the entry point, you will collect $75000. You can then buy a lot of sniper rifles :cool: BTW, I modded the game to reduce the cost of the items in the store by half, and tripled the value of the found treasure. This way, you can get the NPC help that you need and the good weapons a lot faster.

The mod is very extensive; the money change is only one small part of it.  I changed weapons stats, perk values, even the perks themselves.  They are all part of a great big mod.  Would you like the details?

We would like both details and hosting it! :cool: There are so few mods for this game, so everything is welcome!

We would like both details and hosting it! :cool: There are so few mods for this game, so everything is welcome!

Hi Slaughter,

Here is the detailed description of the mod. I dont' know how to attach the mod to this reply. Please let me know the best way of getting the mod to you.

This mod makes extensive changes to the Weapons, Characters, and Perks for SS:Sentinels.

1. Weapons - changes were made to reflect my research into actual real-world weapon performance.

Pistols - range was reduced, APs for firing and reloading reduced.

SMGs - range reduced slightly, ROF adjusted to actual weapon performance.

Rifles - Semiautos had the APs for firing and reloading reduced; bolt actions had their range slightly increased.

LMGs - ROF adjusted to reflect real world weapons. My biggest complaint was with the MG34 and MG42, which have real-world ROFs in excess of 1000 rpms, but were only shown with a burst size of 3, instead of 5 or 6. Also, the range of the BAR was increased.

2. Item costs - all items had their cost cut in half, and all treasure items had their value tripled.

3, Characters - The Engineer and Medic had major changes to make them more useable as PCs. Both start off with enough experience to initially give them 3 Perks. I also adjusted the Engineers Perk Tree to permit faster growth in stats.

4. Perks - adjusted the value up for all Weapons perks, i.e., the Pistol perk now gives you a +25 to shooting, the Rifle perk +15, etc. I also changed the value for the Aimed shot perk, to make it much more useable as a firing option.

5. Perk Tree - changed some of the perks in all of the Perk trees to reflect a more logical set of perks (IMO). For example, the Soldier now has the Pistol Perk, and the Sniper now has the Aimed Shot perk.

6. Enemy stats - I increased the strength of the base enemy soldier by 1. This makes them harder to kill, making for longer firefights. It also increases their use of grenades (be sure to turn the Enemies Uses Grenades flag on in the S3Config.cfg file).

This is SWEET!!

I didn't know about none o' these scoped rifles in the first four missions... I've stopped playing because of the difficulty setting I'm on and the toughness of the DAMNED UN BOMBING MISSION!!

It scares me.

Mommy!

Yup, and I ain't got that. I have too many other things going on right now to spend the appropriate amount of time on S3, dammit! I can't even play a quick game of BF: Vietnam these days, much less the 2+ hours for each mission of S2 or S3!

Fargin-bastige-nators!