Repeatable special missions (Spoiler !)

Hello good people !

Bought this game last week and just discovered a new exploit. I now know how you can do the Bank robbery special mission over and over. This exploit, I believe, applies to all other special missions as well, although I only know of the bank job and the Shade mission for sure.

First of all I'll tell you how I found this out. I was playing the game during the weekend and I got up to take a break, went to the kitchen and made myself a cuppa. Inadvertently I had left the team cursor on the Germany map, on the same spot that you usually get the mission from: three spaces right of the exit point.

So when I got back about five minutes later, the mission was up there ! Even though I'd already played it once. So I played it again. Then I went back to base, sold the stocks and gold and stuff and went back to the same spot again in Germany and left the cursor on for about five minutes. And whaddaya know, the mission came up again !

I've made about half a million from it so far. Sometimes it's difficult to get though. You need lots of patience and sometimes you might have to log off, switch off your P.C and then restart. But it's definitely repeatable.

Also repeatable is the Shade special mission which I enjoy playing `cos I like putting my guys up on the roof and grenading the bad guys as they leave the building. You also get to collect loads of Shade guys if you want, although I usually kill him as soon as I enter his cell because the guy's firearm skills aren't too good and it takes too long to train him.

I don't know if this dodge will work for you, but it's worth a try. First you've gotta disable autosave though. Also I haven't downloaded any extra patches to my game. All I've been playing is what came out of the box (Gold Edition).

Enjoy.

Yep ! Just done another 3 more bank jobs in a row ! Now I'm flush with cash. Mind you the training costs for my guys do tend to gobble everything up.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that sometimes when you get to that spot in Germany, you might need to camp once or twice before the mission comes up. Just camp on the site, then exit. Then leave the team cursor on the spot (three spaces right of the exit point) for about four minutes or so. If that doesn't work and you really need the cash, then go back to base, save and then exit the game entirely. Then reload. Sooner or later the bank mission will come up. Again. And Again.

Loads of money !

I'll be interested to know whether this scam works for anybody else.

Yeah, sounds freakin' good! I like the idea of having a nice cash burst whenever I need it....

Lord knows you can run out fast in this game! I'm playing with Full Healing after each mission, and I still can't get much (and I feel like I'm cheating.....wussy!). The one sniper rifle I want (something with a scope, anything!) would blow most of my cash... Crap.

• 4 months later...
Hello good people !

Bought this game last week and just discovered a new exploit. I now know how you can do the Bank robbery special mission over and over.  This exploit, I believe, applies  to all other special missions as well, although I only know of the bank job and the Shade mission for sure.

First of all I'll tell you how I found this out. I was playing the game during the weekend and I got up to take a break, went to the kitchen and made myself a cuppa. Inadvertently I had left the team cursor on the Germany map, on the same spot that you usually get the mission from: three spaces right of the exit point.

So when I got back about five minutes later, the mission was up there ! Even though I'd already played it once. So I played it again. Then I went back to base, sold the stocks and gold and stuff and went back to the same spot  again in Germany and left the cursor on  for about five minutes. And whaddaya know, the mission came up again !

I've made about half a million from it so far. Sometimes it's difficult to get though. You need lots of patience and sometimes you might have to log off, switch off your P.C and then restart. But it's definitely repeatable.

Also repeatable is the Shade special mission which I enjoy playing `cos I like putting my guys up on the roof and grenading the bad guys as they leave the building. You also get to collect loads of Shade guys if you want, although I usually kill him as soon as I enter his cell because the guy's firearm skills aren't too good and it takes too long to train him.

I don't know if this dodge will work for you, but it's worth a try. First you've gotta disable autosave though. Also I haven't downloaded any extra patches to my game. All I've  been playing is what came out of the box (Gold Edition).

Enjoy.

I can't seem to get this to work... I just did the bank mission tonight and I left the camp icon on the map after the mission and the mission never came back up.

Is there any trick or does the camp icon need to be moved exactly on top of the mission for it to appear?

Just to be sure I reloaded an old save from before the mission, exited out of the mission and watched it for 20 min before I started camping but no luck:/

Did you find any other special missions besides the prisoner? I can't seem to find any walkthroughs for this game :/

Thanks

Yeah, walkthroughs don't really exist for this one. There's only one for the original, which was obnoxious enough to english speakers (poor patch situation, difficult editor) that it lost it's support pretty fast. The faq for S2 is here, but there ain't any for S3; sorry.

My advice (though having never attempted this cheat or actually having seen the bank mission yet, you might want to take it with a grain of salt) is to try to the best of your ability to recreate the exact conditions that STRYKER did in finding the exploit. Just turn it on when you go to dinner, put your squad in the right place, and come back in a 1/2 hour. Don't waste too much time on it, because you can make a lot of money just by finding the stuff that ISN'T hidden, like all the loot in the cave mission in the first set of missions (missle plans?).

Good luck, and please report back. Your country demands it.