Hammer & Sickle announced!

Slaughter

Nival just announced Hammer & Sickle! It's a tactical RPG set in the British/American sector of occupied Germany a few years after WWII. You take on the role of a Russian officer who's mission it is to infiltrate this sector and investigate some disturbing reports. Features listed are:

• Spy Story: Non-linear thriller lets you affect not only the outcome, but the whole course of the game
  • Real People: Character's histories and personalities affect game events and your team's cooperation
  • One World: You can move back and forth though all zones freely - events taking place in one zone can affect developments in others
  • Saving Time: like in life, time is the most important and irreplaceable resource. The passage of time significantly affects game events
  • Fashion Statement: What you wear can sometimes have a bigger affect on how people react to you then what you say
  • How Am I Spying?: Clashes with the authorities or violence against civilians will be counted on a meter, push it too hard and you'll set off WWIII
  • Gift of Gab: Your choice of line or even tone of voice could radically change the balance of forces and relations between characters
  • Always Carry Cash: Buy weapons, hire soldiers, get information - even bribe the local criminal syndicate or police to get out of trouble
  • Choose Your Weapon: With over 90 authentic WWII and post war models, you can choose the right gun for the right job

shot5_uk.jpg shot14_uk.jpg shot15_uk.jpg shot16_uk.jpg

You can find more information and screenshots on the official Hammer & Sickle site.

Thanks for the heads up Thorondor!

I am kind of troubled about replaybility.

Don't get me wrong the game sounds fantastic.

I believe that some newer information might clarify how this rpg style of game will play out because it sounds linear. I know that the first line stated the oppossite but when there are time constrains well ........ things you can do are just that constrained, tending to linearity.

To me the real time in turnbased games is from eeevil (No sir! I don't like it.). But this game... well... there is lots of stuff so maybe I will not even notice the real time while playing my ass off with it ;)

...oh... It's already tomorrow? :cool:

(btw... real time might bring replaybility because of it players might miss(walk pass) some events on first time)

• 3 weeks later...