PSX X-COM Emulator?

pocthesaint

you might try a copy of "Bleem" but no guarenty's their I dont have xcom for the PSX, so have not tried it. and bleem is no longer updated but it might sill be on sale some where.

but why not just get the pc version?

Note to moderator. Bleem is not a cracked PSX Bios. it was written from scratch. It was sold at Electronics botique and other reputable stores.

so please please please dont nix me for this.

-Blade

I have the PSX version, and a PSX CD emulator; (ie, requires the CD, and will not run using PSX ISOs) X-Com doesn't work with it. And it works on my PS2 anyway.

I'll also note to Blade that Bleem was sued and taken off the market, but is a completely legitimate product as it requires the CD. The main reason it was taken off was due to the adaptablility to accept ISOs and that it used various copyrighted programming scripts which the PSX used. At least thats the story in the UK.

Also, the PSX version far surpasses the PC version in every respect, other than the limitation of one save per memory card. The only problem is you'll have a hard time finding it. (I've been searching 6 years for a PAL PSX version of TFTD).

I suppose you wouldn't have to spend so much time worrying and configuring the blasted computer to run the game. That's a definite bonus I'd say. :)

I've never played the playstation version myself, but I've played the music (just no playstation to run the game on), and I must say it's quite nice compared to the computer synthesiser's toots and squeaks. Better still, they are on conventional cd tracks so you can pop the cd into a regular cd player and play it to your heart's content. The only missing song is the introduction sequence (although there's still the intercept sequence, which is really a remix of it), but I assume that's included in the opening animation. There's also an extra music sequence for tactical combat.

There are also extra animated cutscenes. I think either XTC or XCommand has copies of the animations in realmedia format that you can download.

- NKF

I meant the introduction song isn't a cd track that you can play. Pity, it's one of the better ones too.

I always thought the introduction went something like this:

"Warning Warning UFO --" Then it gets garbled a little. There are some alternate sample files where the woman actually says "Warning UFO Detected" in old copies of the game that were never used. What the communications officer says always puzzled me. Too garbled.

- NKF

The Amiga version rocks compaired to the PC version. Almost never crashes and the sound is 1000% better than eather the PSX or PC version. (only probs with the amiga verson is the no night, no zombie, and copy protection entry). Also i don't see whats so good with the PSX version anyway. Its slow, hard to use, and takes the entire memory card. Plus the sounds are crappy.

-PSY GUY- :)

:):):):):):)

MY GOD I DONT BELIEVE I ACTUALLY FINISHED XCOM ON PSX 1, THAT WAS THE MOST STUPID THING I EVER DID!!!!!!

The load time between missions gave me enough time to wash my clothes, clean the dishes, make dinner, feed the pets and take out the garbage.... and i dont usually do those things...

I dont know wat u want to accomplish in playin the PSX ver of xcom... its too slow!!!!!

-- thats just my view!

DarkVenom, I think you're exagerrating that a bit there. It takes about 45 seconds to 1 minute to load tactical missions usually, which is quite a long time, but that isn't that long compared to other games of its time. Also, it is a very complex program to run on the PSX

The cursor can be controlled with the D-Pad (I bought a Mouse tho).

The controls are as follows for the tactical

Cursor and troop selection box movement: D-Pad

Select left weapon: L2

Select Right weapon: R2

Turn 45 degrees left: L1

Turn 45 degrees right: R2

Menu bar: Select

Selecting, firing, etc: X

Weapon Menu: O (Or Triange, can't remember)

And that's all I can remember atm.

Dark Venom, if your PSX version is PAL, I'll buy it off you then. And if you have the TFTD PAL version, I'll be willing to pay a large amount of cash for it. :)