Jagged Alliance 3D interview and screens

Slaughter

The Russian site CRPG.RU did a interview with JA3D project leader Yaroslav Astakhov. If you read Russian you can find the original interview and a batch of screenshots here. Luckily for the rest of us, parts of it has been translated at the official Strategy First forum.

Q: What can we expect from real-time with tactical pause? Will it be the simplest solution, or will we have a number of options for setting up the autopause and the game speed?

A: We will definitly include autopause setup, so that the player can make a list of events that triggers the pause. Naturally, the pause can be turned on manually at any time. The game speed can also be adjusted.

I would like to point out that real-time makes it possible to introduce many tactical elements that are simply unavailable and unnecessary in turn-based combat. I think that with JA3D we will demonstrate that even in real-time there is a place for thinking and tactics, without degenerating into a banal arcade.

Spotted at Taktikzone

Today i saw Jagged Alliance 2 : Wildfire being for sale in several shops. I played JA2 and most of it's addons (unoficial and official), but i didn't know about that one. Is it from the original makers of JA2 (sirtech) or is it a fanmade or unofficial project ? Is it connected to the new JA (3D) games?

Not sure I like the price you mention. Take a look at the Gamespot review. Game is probably worth buying, but 40 euro sounds a little steep. Quote from Gamespot:

Despite the lack of any kind of multiplayer options, the game comes bundled with the original Jagged Alliance 2 at a modest price point of $20.

It's also worth noting that the developers aren't too happy with Strategy First as seen here.

Edit: And you can find impressions in your own language over at the very nice site Taktikzone.de

Edited by Slaughter

You're right. All the sites state a price of 30 $ (29,95 to be precise), maybe i didn't look good enough ;)

And yes, that price is too much imo, too. Especially if you can find the equally good mod "Urban Chaos" for free in the net. Or the "Deidrana lives" mod. And many others, too :)

You're right. All the sites state a price of 30 $ (29,95 to be precise), maybe i didn't look good enough  ;)

And yes, that price is too much imo, too. Especially if you can find the equally good mod "Urban Chaos" for free in the net. Or the "Deidrana lives" mod. And many others, too  :(

Both free mods are equally good or better in gameplay as the US-Edition of "Wilrdfire", of cource. But the german editon of "Wildfire" published by Zuxxez is a kind of "Extented Edition": It features some technical improvements like 1024 x 768 resolution and up to 10 mercenaries in a squad - These are two very strong reasons to buy it! :)

• 3 months later...