Shocked/Surprised/Baffled

Aralez

I saw an UFOAM Gold Edition in a shop nearby. Nothing unusal here, but to my surprise they listed the following stuff on the backside of the box (amongst others):

-New improved graphics

-12 new features (a very precise information, roflol)

Now i have some questions:

Well, what are those 12 features ?

And what has been improved with the graphics ?

Is there a new patch available that makes your "old" version use that features ?

Is the Gold Edition compatible with all the mods ?

I think it's more likely they're selling the patched version of the game and trying to make it look like something special so people who already brought the game will buy a needless second copy.

The 'new' features are going to be stuff we already know about - like adding death screams for the transgenants, allowing you to permamantly deploy heavy weapons and improving the weapon statistics of hybrid laser and plasma rifles. I'm also betting the Aftershock trailer released about a year ago has been included as one of these 'new' features. The improved graphics probably refers to the bug that caused the game to slow down when the Biomass gets big, which was fixed in either 1.1 or 1.2.

Since the 1.4 patch was released, Altar have been concentrating their efforts on the sequel. I can't see them taking a few months off to overhaul the graphics in Aftermath and then not making a news announcement on their site.