E3 is getting closer - interviews

Slaughter

UFO:Aftershock questions?

Mike Nino is going to E3 as StrategyCore's representative this year. He have done so twice before, and with Aftershock getting closer this year should be really interesting! Anyway, if you have any questions that you would like him to ask ALTAR or Cenega, post them here. Alternatively you can send them to us using the contact form, or through Private Message to me.

Heroes of Might and Magic 5 questions?

This year Mike will also interview Nival and Ubisoft about their upcoming Heroes game. I guess quite a few of you are familiar with the pervious games, and with a team as good as Nival developing the next instalment we should be in for a real treat! Anyway, if you have any questions you can either post them in this thread or send them to us through the contact sheet or a Private Message to me. We are doing this interview in cooperation with the number one Might and Magic fan-site, CelestialHeavens.

Other interviews coming:

We're on a real interview spree these days. In addition to the ones already mentioned, we have several others lined up. There's a UFO:Extraterrestrials interview coming, and we'll be doing one with the team behind Hammer & Sickle. H&S is a game built on the Silent Storm engine that started out as a modification. We'll also talk to the team behind UFO Alien Invasion at some point, and possibly discuss Nightwatch a little with Nival.

Anyway, if you have questions for either of these games, feel free to post them here. You can also submit them through our contact form, or send me a Private Message.

• 3 weeks later...

"UFO:Aftershock questions ?"

You bet, Olav :cool:

And it's about time people start asking them, too. E3 is less than ten days away - just around the corner ! Wake up call, everyone !! :)

::

My UFO: Aftershock questions

- Do nighttime missions differ significantly from their daytime counterparts in terms of the gameplay experience or are changes limited to reduced visibility ? Might some creatures be more commonly found after dark, for instance ?

- Can the player's soldiers climb over obstacles such as fences or walls as seen in some other games of the same genre ?

- Will it be possible to shoot through an obstacle (inanimate or otherwise) and score a hit on whatever's behind it in UFO: Aftershock ?

- In this next installment, where it's possible to pick a fight with other human factions, will players be able to overhear enemy chatter/conversation ?

- How is facility placement handled and how many buildings can you have in any given base ?

- Will there be any creatures present that, due to their smaller size, are able to use attack/escape routes that humans can't ?

- Have any animations been implemented for the wounded or crippled or do in-game characters/creatures simply go from locomotion/awareness/life to stillness/unconsciousness/death as was the case in UFO: Aftermath ?

That's it from me. Start lining them up, folks ! ;)