Any advice plz?

pie

Hi,

I've been playin' for a week and need advice.Firstly i'm on on the UN underground bomb misson.

I know how to beat it but whats the best equipment availiable?ect. whats better, Silenced mp41 or stenmkIII

whats the best throwing knife? I use lots of scouts and snipers and need to know the best equipment.

By the way on the the random encounter north east of get a shumi mine place it on the the front door and take out all outside forces quitley. go upstairs to the room with the officer and scientist and blew them apart with a grenade. watch a the forces open the door and half the base is gone and they havent got a clue what happened... rather funny

plus with random encouters does it work if u just wait on the map screen or do u go back and forward between world map and country map to get rare encouters like the switzerland one

I'm not really sure how the random encounters work on this game, yet, so you'll probably just have to experiment...

What random encounter do you mean, "north east of"? That sounds like a good tactic to use anywhere, really, but which map did you do it on?

As for weapons and equipment, I use whatever seems best in the moment. I'm in love with the PPD/PH (or whatever) in the hands of my soldier. He just lays waste with it. High rate of fire and a good accuracy rating in the hands of a trained soldier = death. Lots of death.

For scouts I tend to use the silenced machine guns and pistols just for coolness, even if there is a "better" gun. All in all, I'm not really sure which weapons are better than others. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I think silencers are for total little wusses that need diapers to *HACK*

oop. i was just killed by a silencer-weilding badass. dang. guess they are cool.

familiarity is cooler in this game. you build it faster but lose it faster too, and it really helps when you have it... i wonder though, if you start losing it when you switch to the other item in your quick slot or if you have to put the weapon into your pack to start losing familiarity.

Aralez, excuse my massive and unpardonable ignorance, but what is a K.O. gun?

The Stunnig Air Rifle?

Yup. The stunning rifle & the stunning pistol. Downs one enemy in one shot while running. So you can take care of 2 opponents easily. For the rest, hem, it's better to waste them before entering. Cheaty, but it makes things doable.

Sorry, the random encounter I meant was north east of berlin. Its just so fun watching the moment when they open the door and the first few are completley annhialated and the rest go all the way to the back of the room and fall through where the floor used to be.

• 3 months later...

I really don't know but you have 3 kinds os Panzerkleins, right? Allies. Axis & Thor. And weapons are not interchangeable. I.e. if you got the AGS it will only fit Thor PK:s. So my guess is that you don't have the right PK for the weapon.

But i'm merely guessing here cause I don't use those little tanks. :blush:

(Please feel free to correct me.)

Hi,

I've been playin' for a week and need advice.Firstly i'm on on the UN underground bomb misson.

I know how to beat it but whats the best equipment availiable?ect. whats better, Silenced mp41 or stenmkIII

whats the best throwing knife? I use lots of scouts and snipers and need to know the best equipment.

plus with random encouters does it work if u just wait on the map screen or do u go back and forward between world map and country map to get rare encouters like the switzerland one

Mmmm. I confess you use your scouts a bit differently to me from the sounds of it. The problem with the silenced weapons is that they still make some noise and if you're too close to the target you can end up revealing yourself and geting cut to ribbons on an interrupt. Plus they don't do half as much damage as 'normal' weapons, and scout tend to be very inaccurate when shooting. However you don't get this problem with throwing knives, so I tend to stick with them. The other advantage of throwing knives that they cause lots more critical damage when thrown (bleeding, blindness, deafness. that type of thing) and so you don't need to wait until the bad guy is a corpse on the floor, you can always leave him to bleed to a sad, lonely death. I'm nice like that :blush:

On top of that once you get good with the knives, you can throw them very accurately over long distances - much better than you can shooting silenced pistols or machine guns. It's better to use the 'light' throwing knives as they can be thrown further more accurately. The Ninja shuriken is the best as it only takes up 1 square of storage space, an once your throwing skill is high enough you'll rarly miss and 4 hits will kill the average enemy. You can carry loads of shurikens so running out isn't normally a problem.

Of course that is the disadvantage of thowing knives, running out of them in a tight spot and remembering to pick them up again afterwards. That's why I always keep a silenced weapon as backup too. There's no point trying the melee and backstab until your hide skill is at least in the 80's, otherwise you'll get spotted and shot before you get close enough to do this. This is why Toki's so over powered in this game, especially if you get the german secret mission and can afford him early in the game. Honest, that man could do a naked streak across the screen while singing the crazy frog tune and still no one would spot him!

As for sniper weapons, this is easy. Just get the best scoped rifle you can afford and get your familiarity up with it. There is some debate about a 5 and 10 clip rifle meaning you don't have to reload so often, but once your snipe skill is in the 50's and your familiarity with the weapon is above 4, take your time and every headshot invariably kills or cripples an opponent. After 5 of those there's never anyone close enough to hurt you anyway, so you've got time to reload. Of course the problem here is getting your familarity up with a better rifle, but you will need the extra damage after a while to kill the better enemies you'll come up against. when you start to dish out an amount of damage per head shot that never gets any better but don't kill a bad guy, it's time to upgrade your rifle.

As for random encounters, I had problems with this until I'd done two of the first 4 missions in Germany (After you rescue the sentinel in the UK) After that I had lots of missions crop up in Germany (The one along the north coast you referred to before is the best one. Lots of enemies to kill and get practice on early in the game, plus nice loot in the lockers) and very rarely the odd one in Switzerland. It's not a very good one though so stick with the German North coast one. 'Special' random missions are referred to elsewhere on this forum so check them out.

Interestingly, since I had to reinstall and restart the game (see the technical discussion board!), I have the 'hidden random encounters' on in the custom difficultly settings. This has seemed to result in me not getting any random encounter at all in any of the maps, even though I've done one of the scripted missions. However, what I did do in a moment of inspiration was go to the North Coast of Germany and camp there. when I exited the camp, the game asked me if I wanted to enter a random mission or not. Clicking 'Yes' resulted in me getting the appropriate random mission for the location I'm camped at, over and over again. Anyone else spotted this?

Anyway that's my two pence worth. Feel free to disagree, and in any case I supect a lot of that has been said before :)

I really don't know but you have 3 kinds os Panzerkleins, right? Allies. Axis & Thor. And weapons are not interchangeable. I.e. if you got the AGS it will only fit Thor PK:s. So my guess is that you don't have the right PK for the weapon.

But i'm merely guessing here cause I don't use those little tanks. :blush:

(Please feel free to correct me.)

How Do you tell which is which One has No cage and I know this one to be thors PK. One has a Cage on it, and one has a large round body and explodes when its damaged. Which ones axis and which ones allies?

P.S. the Ags fits 2 kinds of P.K.

...P.S. the Ags fits 2 kinds of P.K.

O.K. My mistake. You see that I'm not too familiar with these PK:s. Never were my cup of tea, really. You ought to get help from a dude that likes those little buggers. :blush:

Anyway, I remembered that the weapon description usually states what kind of PK the weapon will fit.

Hmm, the one with the Cage I think is an Allied Scout mech which is picky 'bout weapons. (Canopy with shark paint, reminding of a P-51?) No cage sounds like an Axis PK and large round body sounds to me like Thor's. (Walking red or black tin cans).

I dont know about the weapon description stating its compatible P.K. but It seems you've named the P.K.s correctly. How do you steal a Thor P.K. I mean they're slow and cumbersome but they explode when they run out of health?

Just because no one else is acknowledging it, I wanna thank Sorbicol for a good long post. My brain hurts a little from all those teeny letters, but good tips for a hard game are always welcome.

Sweet!

Thank you! :)

Yeah know what you mean about the font size, it does my head in too!

I love these games, best thing I've played since Civilisation II. I can't wait for hammer & sickle :) I hope to God it gets a proper release in Europe and not some poxy expansion thing like sentinels got with the Silent Storm Gold release. I haven't found it on pre release yet via Amazon, Play.com or any of the other websites I normally use, that's generally not a good sign :blush:

Sorry for my total lack of advise with the PK's, I haven't got that far yet in Sentinels. All I remember from S2 was to get the laser gun in the Switzerland secret mission, then killing them was child's play!

Well, Nival is releasing it through CDV this time, like they did with Blitzkrieg. I guess that if you can find that title, you don't have to worry too much. :blush:

That's a relief! Especially considering JoWood look like getting sued for pulling out a deal to release some game based on Stargate SG 1 (Story's on www.eurogamer.net if you're interested)

As for the Lazer gun, I was talking about the 8m1 prototype............ The LZ thing did the job but I don't remember it being scoped?!?