Laser Squad Nemesis Review

Slaughter

Thanks for those reviews Slaughter. Even though GameZone had some rather scathing remarks about the graphics and sound, LSN still got a high score because it was addictive. Much higher praise from the PC Gameworld, they called it "fun". Either way, this game is on my "buy" list.

Interesting fact: Laser Squad Nemesis is only 6 MB in size! Like PC Gameworld said: "it boggles the mind on how they can fit these options in such a small package". ;)

Thanks for those reviews Slaughter. Even though GameZone had some rather scathing remarks about the graphics and sound, LSN still got a high score because it was addictive. Much higher praise from the  PC Gameworld, they called it "fun". Either way, this game is on my "buy" list.

Interesting fact: Laser Squad Nemesis is only 6 MB in size! Like PC Gameworld said: "it boggles the mind on how they can fit these options in such a small package". ;)

Well, what is interesting is that the programming of a game takes little to no space. As Pete says, it's the graphics (and sound / music) that eats up space. And since LSN is 2D with fairly simple graphics and sound, you can get a bundle of joy that small :). Look at Battlefield 1942 - the levels take from 10 to 45 MB!

The thing about LSN that really bugs me though is that they took the time with the terrains. They took the time with the models. They even took the time with the weapon effects...

...but the explosions?! They're [bLOCKY]!! Find any screenshot of a relatively large explosion and you'll see what I mean ;)