Jagged Alliance 3D announced

Slaughter

Blue's News posted a press release sent to them by Game Factory Interactive today. It's the official announcement of Strategy First and Mist Land South's Jagged Alliance 3D. Mist Land South (ALFA: Antiterror & Cops 2170) is developing both Jagged Alliance 3D and Jagged Alliance 3 for Strategy First. The press release at Blue's names a lot of features, like:

* Jagged Alliance, but in 3D

* Real-time gameplay with pause

* High interactivity of levels (destructible objects)

JA3D_June2004_01.jpg JA3D_June2004_05.jpg JA3D_June2004_07.jpg

(these screenshots are rather old)

You can find the announcement here, and some new screenhots at AG.ru.

I know the first two games are very highly thought of, especially by peeps who liked Fallout 2 (one of my favorite games of all time) and Silent Storm.

What's the consensus here? Are they loved? Loved as much as X-Com? Not loved at all? Roundly despised? Names never uttered under pain of death? What? What?

Slaughter, one question: You wrote about JA 3 AND JA 3D. Will this really be two seperate games?

Hm, i'm not sure if a JA games in 3D will have the same "flair" that the 2D versions had....

That's right. I think Pete is right in that JA 3D is just a remake, while JA 3 will be a new game. You can find some more information and complaints at the Strategy First forum.

@DoomMunky: Yeah, JA is almost as popular as X-Com. Guess JA2 is the one that most people prefer. It was a sad day when Sir Tech had to give up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Interesting news for Nintendo DS owners: courtesy of Strategy First, the Jagged Alliance and Disciples series of games now seem to be poised to take the leap.

There's also an account that a turn-based (!) Age of Empires is on the pipeline as well... :confused:

::

Full news piece on 1up :grr:

Doubt I'll ever buy a DS, but for people who own it this should be good news. Then again, Strategy First have quite a bit to prove before I get exited. I fear that they will push the JA franchise into the mud with good help from MistLand...