1. 1. Which is the better game?

• Silent Storm
    • Silent Storm: Sentinels
    • UFO Aftermath
    • UFO Enemy Unknown
    • Terror from the Deep
    • Apocalypse
    • Other

I voted for S3 because it's awesome, but also because it's the only game I've played that's up there. I played TFTD when I was younger, but it was so freakin' hard I gave up in fury, always losing all my men and running out of money after about a year...

Should I give it another shot? I think I'll give the O.G. X-Com a shot first...

I voted for the original X-COM game: Enemy Unknown. I have played all three X-COM titles listed, but none really held my interest longer than EU.

You ever look at the Geoscape graphics in EU and TFTD? TFTD's globe really sucks. And Apoc? Well, the graphics are better than either EU or TFTD, but overall gameplay is more difficult to master. EU is just one of those games where when you start playing, you know how to proceed automatically.

Unfortunately, I never played UFO:Aftershock or the Silent Storm games, so my vote is a tiny bit biased. :huh:

Unfortunately, I never played UFO:Aftershock or the Silent Storm games, so my vote is a tiny bit biased.  :huh:

Then it's time! Both Aftermath and Silent Storm Gold can be bought really cheap now. You really ought to take a look...

Well that coding is eaier said than done Slaughter. I'm going to have another crack at it tonight but I got a headache last night just trying to get it to display the results let alone allow anyone to vote! :huh:

I may change the forum description and introduction in the mantime :D:P

Sorted. Poll now appearing correctly on front page.

Guests can't vote in forum polls anyway, so guests just get the results shown to them with a link to view comments (in an effort to get them to join in) and a link to view the polling archive (this forum).

Logged in members who haven't voted get the options with a choice of either Vote (to... errr... cast a vote) and Null Vote (which forfeits their vote as it does when voting in the forums here so that they can view the results - reason for this is if they've seen the results before voting, their vote is biased).

Anywho, after a lot of effort, it works fine ;)