Bad/green graphics in air combat cutscene?

mbnx01

I'm using an ATI 9800 running at max refresh rate. It's a strange thing, but about half the time when I see the 'air combat' video, it looks fine, but half the time it's very grainy and sort of green.

Any comments on this? I'm curious as to why it only happens sometimes.

On this same topic, I'm about to rebuild my PC and am facing the age old question of 'ATI vs. Nvidia'. By stats and price ATI is a clear winner, but I hear rumblings that the Nvidia cards have less graphics glitches and are much better at Opengl. I know the UFO games are Opengl, so I'm wondering if people have any recommendations on this topic.

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions...

-MB

Do not adjust your TV screen... err video settings, sorry, twilight zone recap. What you're seing is air combat in nightvision mode with some noise. It is meant to look that way for combat that occurs at night, just a little something they added.

About the new Video Card thing, the only recommendation I can make is not to go for any of the latest latest ones. I always preffer to stay behind a couple of models just to be sure of a more stabilized and better driver builds, setting aside the fact of obnoxiously high prices for something slightly better than it's predecesor.

As Kret says, the video is supposed to be like that. I used nightvision goggles in the army, and trust me, it looks like that :huh:

Regarding video cards, I'm not sure. Think ATI is getting a lot better on the glitches part, as they are working hard on drivers compared to before. But I'm not too into it, so I'm not the right person to advice.