X-Com Apoc. music issues with dosbox

ForkInAToaster

Ok, I'm hoping this is an easy fix. I installed X-Com apocalypse, copied over the smk folder and music file, and loaded up dosbox. I'm able to run Apoc. without the cd, and with full sound effects, at a very satisfactory speed(my comp is a beast), and the intro even plays with sound! Everything loads fine too, so I guess this is a minor detail....but when I try to turn on the music from the menu, X-Com locks up(not dosbox). I have tried multiple sound card emulations with the same results. Any idea why everything works except the music? Any help is appreciated!

Windows XP

2.8 Ghz P4

half Gig of RAM

sound card? (on motherboard, dont know)

ATI Radeon 9800 pro graphics card

• 4 weeks later...

are you asking how to mount a cd, or how to simply play apoc with cd? if you want to know how to mount, just read the intro otherwise...

just what exactly do you mean by turning on the music from the menu? isn't the music/sound already turn on? if not, it may be because of the missing cd. because the music file is actually outside of the apoc folder, the game doesn't know the music file is on the hard drive. my suggestion? just make an image of the cd, and use a program such as daemon cd tools or alcohol to make a virtual drive. That way, you can play without the cd, but beware: it takes up a fair amount of HD space. as for the no cd patches, my thoughts on that would be that it simply strips the game of the commands to play music. the music file is the largest file on the whole cd!