Rebelstar Tactical Command

Pete

From the team that brought us Laser Squad Nemesis and the X-COM games, comes a title for the GameBoy Advance - Rebelstar Tactical Command!

As taken from the Gamespot website: In the game, the year is 2117, and Earth has been taken over by the Arelian Empire. Players will assume the role of one of the rebels who rises to battle the Arelians and liberate the planet.

rs_saucer.jpg rs_greys.jpg rs_woods.jpg

Bearing a more-than-slight resemblance to Laser Squad Nemesis in terms of artwork both in game and conceptual, I can only assume it's going to borrow a few races from that title and continue on down a similar path to the original title - Rebelstar Raiders - as created by Julian & Nick Gollop, the duo behind Codo Technologies.

The game is slated for an August release by Namco Hometek and more information can be found on gamespot's website, along with more screenshots here. Thanks to avdberg1980 for the heads up.

Think they should say "Players will assume the role of one of the rebel forces". The way they say it sounds like some sort of 3rd person isometric arcade. Nice to see Rebelstar never really died. Oh, and don't you think there's some resemblance between this game and the 2 1st X-com ones?

Yes Kret, there is a resemblance, but that'll be because most of the ideas in Rebelstar carried over into X-COM :P

The screens show a very X-COM'esque interface too which have a lot more in common with X-COM/Rebelstar than LSN which is what the graphics more closely resemble.

What's even more spooky for me was that before StrategyCore opened and back when the X-COM.co.uk site was up and running, it was called "X-COM Tactical Command". Oooooh. Aaaaaah. *cue mysterious lights and smoke rising around Pete's ankles for effect* :huh:

Kinda makes me think that there are only so many names in the world and they're pretty mcuh all used up...