SWAT 4 review at GameSpy

Slaughter

Though this isn't a strategy game, it's tactical elements makes it worth mentioning. SWAT 4 is a tactical shooter where you lead a team of SWAT through missions ranging from kidnapping to robberies. As opposed to most FPS games, it's focus is on the tactical gameplay, not on shooting. GameSpy is the first ones to review the game, and 4.5 out of 5 and Editors Choice sure sounds promising! You can find GameSpy's review here, while future reviews will be listed at GameRankings.

If you'd like to give the game a try before buying, you can find the demo here. It's a 183 MB download that lets you play one mission. Enemies are placed randomly on the map however, so it's got a limited replayability.

shot00000.jpg shot00092.jpg shot00214.jpg

I played through the demo without firing a shot! Felt great to play a FPS using only tactical commands directing your team. And from the looks of it the AI and command interface is every bit as good as the GameSpy review says it is. What do you think?

"(...) Digital Jesters unleashes a new multiplayer web-based game set in the Freedom Force universe.

Freedom Force: Fight For Freedom, is a free e-mail challenge game in which gamers across the globe can challenge friends, family, random players or mortal enemies to a spot of one-on-one combat using a selection of Freedom Force characters."

::

Get the skinny on 'Freedom Force: Fight for Freedom' by reading the rest of this news bit at The Adrenaline Vault here ! :huh:

Guys, thanks a lot for posting those links about SWAT 4. The game looks incredible, and reading through the review made it sound even better! I love tactical/strategy games, and SWAT 4 seems to live up my standards. Wow! :P

The only thing that scares me are the requirements to run it: 256MB RAM, 32MB VRAM and almost 2GB of free space on the HDD. Yipes! I have the memory bit covered, but 1/20th of my HDD devoted strictly for a game is a bit excessive in my book. Then again, rarely does a game come along which spurs my interest like SWAT 4. I might just have to invest in a copy to see if it really is as good as it sounds! :huh:

I think it's well worth the investment in HD space. I tried the demo and really liked it. Played the entire mission without shooting once :huh:. Why don't you download the demo from our files section and see if you like it first?

I'd love to take a look at the demo, but the enormous file size coupled with the fact I only have a dial-up would mean days spent downloading the 183MB demo. I don't have the speedy conection necessary for files that large.

Hopefully I can find a copy which isn't too expensive. :huh: