How do I install patches?

ne0_me

Hello any and all.

I downloaded the newest patches for the game and editor, but cannot figure out how to apply them to their targets successfully. They download as "SilentStormGamePatch12_UK" and "SilentStormEditorPatch12_UK", and aren't - aparently - self installing apps. I can't think where to put these within the original files that they might be effective, and can't imagine any other process.

Perhaps it's an easy thing (I would expect as such), but I can't figure it out (good luck for me using the editor, huh?).

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks so much.

P.S.

Phenomenal game. Love it

Where did you download them from? It's supposed to be self installing apps. Try adding .exe to the end of the filename if they have somehow lost their surname. And if it's a .zip or the likes, you have to extract the .exe file first.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

Where did you download them from? It's supposed to be self installing apps. Try adding .exe to the end of the filename if they have somehow lost their surname. And if it's a .zip or the likes, you have to extract the .exe file first.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

Hello Slaughter,

Thanks for the help and the warm welcome. I read more extensively through the posts and discovered that the newer game cd's out there already include the version upgrades. I checked more closely on loading the game and dicovered this to be true in my case. Perhaps this is why the patches downloaded in an inaccessible fashion. So, this issue is resolved. Again, thanks for your input.

However, I've run into a bigger and more troubling problem (and have posted elsewhere in this regard). My games won't save!!! I've saved every which way (at headquarters, on the maps, in the tactical combat zone, everything), and when I start the game up next time the load list is empty; nothing's there, as if I never saved anything.

What gives? Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

This patch issue has occured before. Where the heck are you guys dl'ing these crappy patches from? I've only ever gotten self-installing patches from the internet, and even these install correctly even if the game is already patched.

This is weird. Maybe we can post a note for newbies in the FAQ telling them where NOT to get the patch from.

Where did you get yours, ne0_me?