UN Bomb Mission

druid

Sry to ask but its now the third day Ive been stuck in the 'UN Bomb' mission,the common

advice I am recieviing is to 'Disable' the AI but how do I do that?

If anyone has any tatctics for this mission pls share them.

I tried throwing granades in before crossing the doorway and setting off the 3 turn till

BOOM!!! Almost impossible to see the 4 enemys and the dart gun doesnt always work

so Ive reloaded savegame many times.

As soon as they spot you it's pretty much curtains. The advice I've seen is to have two scouts rush in with dartguns and disable the farthest away bad guys, have the rest of your team get rid of the nearest enemies and you should be okay.

Oh, and approaching it from both doorways is apparently the only way of doing it.

Other than that, to disable the AI, you might want to go to www.nival.com and look on the Sentinels forums. A search there should reveal how to activate the console and disable the AI in the game, though it is a bit of a cheat :huh:

As soon as they spot you it's pretty much curtains. The advice I've seen is to have two scouts rush in with dartguns and disable the farthest away bad guys, have the rest of your team get rid of the nearest enemies and you should be okay.

Oh, and approaching it from both doorways is apparently the only way of doing it.

Other than that, to disable the AI, you might want to go to www.nival.com and look on the Sentinels forums. A search there should reveal how to activate the console and disable the AI in the game, though it is a bit of a cheat :huh:

Thx Pete I will pretty much do anything to get past this sucker mission

Thx Pete I will pretty much do anything to get past this sucker mission

I am guessing the lack of advices is due to many ppl cheating on this mission,and

then not admitting it.

I care not as on day four in replay I have killed 3 and de actovated only bomb set

Guess I am the better man...............

I bet the lack of response is because everybody got to this mission, got fed up, tried to cheat, STILL couldn't do it, stopped playing the game, stopped posting to the forums, and now lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma, under a bridge, jabbering about Panzerkleins and scaring the locals...

That's totally it!

I'm thinking about starting a thread about the different kinds of thinking you have to do in S3 in order to beat the missions. The rush tactic was never really used by me in the first game, but I've had to use it in an earlier mission in S3 already! This whole "throw caution to the winds" approach is very new.

I beat that earlier mission by sneaking into the room, right up to the enemies, then opening fire with grenades and SMGs until they were all dead. That took some reloading, yo. But you never really had to do that in the first game: slow and cautious would always win out. You were never forced into this "assault on a timetable" mentality that S3 puts on you...

Am I right here?

I bet the lack of response is because everybody got to this mission, got fed up, tried to cheat, STILL couldn't do it, stopped playing the game, stopped posting to the forums, and now lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma, under a bridge, jabbering about Panzerkleins and scaring the locals...

That's totally it!

I'm thinking about starting a thread about the different kinds of thinking you have to do in S3 in order to beat the missions. The rush tactic was never really used by me in the first game, but I've had to use it in an earlier mission in S3 already! This whole "throw caution to the winds" approach is very new.

I beat that earlier mission by sneaking into the room, right up to the enemies, then opening fire with grenades and SMGs until they were all dead. That took some reloading, yo. But you never really had to do that in the first game: slow and cautious would always win out. You were never forced into this "assault on a timetable" mentality that S3 puts on you...

Am I right here?

Yes Munky I think you are correct,I am a naturally patient stealthy type but that approach is not always the way to beat this sucker.

Im still a bit angry bout the UN mission but the missions after are superb but tough.

How do you guys deal with the PK's I use the LZ lazer thingy rifle but I wish I had more

of them.The black PK with the skeleton painted on it (Donnie Darko) is harder than

my dad,If I had four of those I could take over the entire world ......hahahahahhaaha

Some missions give you some time at the beginning which is time best spent setting

up mine fields :huh:

Laters dudes.................Jerry

Well done, I cheated rather than reload and replay the entire mission :huh:

The lack of response is, as you say, probably because not everyone was as patient as yourself on this mission :P

Thx Pete dude I appreciate it,to tell you the truth I was very close to cheating

but thankfully I got lucky.Also with the availability of cheats comes the urge to use

them and if anyone cheated on this mission I dont blame them.It tested my faith

in beer lol

I did this mission recently, and almost without cheating. What I did wrong, was a) not bring enough mine probes for my engineer to diffuse the bombs, and b) use the 3 I had to diffuse mines in the down stairs hallway. From reading other posts, I probably could have shot some of the bomb planters to reduce the number of bombs. Anyway, I cheated by giving my engineer 4 more mine probes and had him run around like a mad hen diffusing before the big pop.

The mission was hard, but the insane part was a couple of enemies who were invisible unless I stood one step away form them. Totally stupid level design for such an early mission, unless they expect you to play a mission that takes many hours, get near the end and then go 'oh, I should reload an ealier save, do a bunch of random encounters to get properly equiped, then restart this mission.' The mission should have had a box of mine probes, and not let you start without an engineer (may already do so), instead of a box of dart guns.

I did this mission recently, and almost without cheating.  What I did wrong, was a) not bring enough mine probes for my engineer to diffuse the bombs, and b) use the 3 I had to diffuse mines in the down stairs hallway.  From reading other posts, I probably could have shot some of the bomb planters to reduce the number of bombs.  Anyway, I cheated by giving my engineer 4 more mine probes and had him run around like a mad hen diffusing before the big pop. 

The mission was hard, but the insane part was a couple of enemies who were invisible unless I stood one step away form them.  Totally stupid level design for such an early mission, unless they expect you to play a mission that takes many hours, get near the end and then go 'oh, I should reload an ealier save, do a bunch of random encounters to get properly equiped, then restart this mission.'  The mission should have had a box of mine probes, and not let you start without an engineer (may already do so), instead of a box of dart guns.

Gregdude to be fair in the mission briefing u r advised to hire an engineer but the whole

UN mission thing made my madder than a tiger at the vets.

As I said ne1 who cheated here I dont blame as its insanely hard and the missions after

are like a holiday.

Think I might restart on a higher diffulty lvl as I think the uber Scout,engineer and 2 snipers are doing far too well.

Captns log stardate erm erm Monday I is away to play this sucker

Gregdude to be fair in the mission briefing u r advised to hire an engineer but the whole

UN mission thing made my madder than a tiger at the vets.

As I said ne1 who cheated here I dont blame as its insanely hard and the missions after

are like a holiday.

Yeah, I remember the mission brief, and I already had an engineer. I'm just saying that games are meant to be all play, no work, all fun, not frustrating. The game doesn't need to baby sit the player, just just achieve those values using creative methods. I personally have no issues with cheating in a single player game, other than disappointment that it was necessary to consider it. As much fun as some games are, I hate repeating things, or being forced to repeat them (you can imagine how many platform games I own.) I was also disappointed how much I have to save and reload when things turn out bad, but now with some competent team members, that is less necessary.

I'm so glad you guys are talking about this before I really get into this mission, so I know to reload and go do some serious random encounters and beef up my homies before I attempt this UN crap-ola.

NP munky dude scroll up if u need a cheat free method statement on how to do UN

mission.

Call me if u need advices or meet me in the car park for a fist fight :huh:

I am not pished............

What?! I HOPE you're not pished! *backs away slowly, holding out hands in non-threatening manner* Wha?

I love you, druid! You've gone from not being able to install the patch to having beaten both games in the space of about a month! Sweet!

Now, you need to tell us what difficulty you're now playing S3 on, okay? So I can get one % point better than that, beat the game, and feel much cooler than you...even though I'm not! *sobs in abject sorrow*

Also, thanks for not spoiling the missions afterwards by describing them. I appreciate being able to discover them on my own.

What?! I HOPE you're not pished! *backs away slowly, holding out hands in non-threatening manner* Wha?

I love you, druid! You've gone from not being able to install the patch to having beaten both games in the space of about a month! Sweet!

Now, you need to tell us what difficulty you're now playing S3 on, okay? So I can get one % point better than that, beat the game, and feel much cooler than you...even though I'm not! *sobs in abject sorrow*

Also, thanks for not spoiling the missions afterwards by describing them. I appreciate being able to discover them on my own.

Munky dude!!!!!

Tis me jerry,I played campaign on 1.72 as I heard many scary stories that the

game is harder than a 22 year old Mike Tyson.And I didnt want to get fustrated and

quit.(dont mention the UN bomb mission)

I guess you still playing above 2? Or did you restart?

Take it easy man,I always do when Im at work :huh:

I always take it easy, buddy, work or no!

Yeah, I restarted last night on 2.30 difficulty. Enemy AP, VP, and damage is 100%, my damage is 100%, save in real-time, enemies hide "often", enemy level is +1, full healing after missions.

We'll see how well THIS works. I really don't want to get too frustrated and leave, but I want to be challenged as well! I'm on the 2nd test mission right now, the one where you have to rescue the other Sentinel, and the two dudes who show up midway through have me pinned down in the house...grrr! Set my people free!

I always take it easy, buddy, work or no!

Yeah, I restarted last night on 2.30 difficulty. Enemy AP, VP, and damage is 100%, my damage is 100%, save in real-time, enemies hide "often", enemy level is +1, full healing after missions.

We'll see how well THIS works. I really don't want to get too frustrated and leave, but I want to be challenged as well! I'm on the 2nd test mission right now, the one where you have to rescue the other Sentinel, and the two dudes who show up midway through have me pinned down in the house...grrr! Set my people free!

Good call dude,once Ive completed s2 as axis I is gonna replay Sentinels as I love

'most' of the missions.If u playing @ 2.3 diffulclty I need shoot a little higher........hehehe

What sort of main char did you choose and what size team do you aim to manage and what will be the mix? My advice is a team of 2 medics..............hahahahahaha only

kidding :huh:

Gd luck and Kill those AI sukers.

The first time I did it, I did "somewhat" cheat, but not using the console. Only saving and using the game engine weaknesses.

What I did was to kill everything possible from OUTSIDE the room, after exploding the doors & several wine barrels. In fact, I could kill 2 of them.

2 were remaining, I could stun one down. The other one, I had to know from a previous save where he was, grenade the location, and rush as a madman. No use of bizarre cheat, but still not a clean way to play.

Ah, & the second time I finished the campaign with a level-96 grenadier. 5 hours to finish everything, with a solo merc that snipes a PK every round(or can snipe to death 4 human opponents each turn god makes). But That was not before having finished the game without excess of cheating(the desert mission with PK hordes I couldn't do properly, unfortunately).

I couldn't finish the UN bomb mission, didn't have an earlier save. My next team got blasted at the start of the scenario, so I'm beefing them up with random encounters.

My latest encounter, I found renegade soldeiers fighting armed civilians ... and a safe with over $68,000 of gold, jewellery etc in it! Total loot from the RE $73,000! Very handy!

But Ill stick with my trusted cheapies - Abala, Axel and Carmel - and mid-rangers - Doug and Mike - rather than spend the cash on top rate mercs. New s weapons and off to the London tunnels!

Mmmm, that sounds pretty good!

I just restarted my game, and have to do some building up to get back to that mission, but I don't have very much time to play these days!

I'm looking forward to some serious random encounter madness, though...

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't finish the UN bomb mission, didn't have an earlier save.  My next team got blasted at the start of the scenario, so I'm beefing them up with random encounters.

My latest encounter, I found renegade soldeiers fighting armed civilians ... and a safe with over $68,000 of gold, jewellery etc in it!  Total loot from the RE  $73,000!  Very handy!

But Ill stick with my trusted cheapies - Abala, Axel and Carmel - and mid-rangers - Doug and Mike - rather than spend the cash on top rate mercs.  New s weapons and off to the London tunnels!

Yeah I've been there that place rocks

• 3 months later...

Whoops!!! Now it's my turn. Should have read the forum before starting this mission....

I get blasted by the explosives all the time and thought, well let's check the forum on this 1. Hmm.... i won't give up yet but maybe I start over again as well and buff my characters more this time AND TAKE MORE THAN ONE MINE PROBE WITH ME...

Well, I'm off for another try, this time from 2 sides at once... i'll let you know later if i am frustrated or overjoyed :blush:

WOOHOO... I cleared it... phew man. That took lots of save/loads but I managed to clear the level and disarm the two bombs they set off.

Taking it from two sides was the trick. I stunned one when i entered from the east and shot the other guy in the northeast with rifles. So no more right flank. Then my two other men guarded the explosives near the door in the southwest and well, my engineer got hit real bad but we managed to survive.

Going for some random encounters next... train my people a bit further before continuing :blush: