Same old sound problems

DoomMunky

Familar old problem: The sound cuts out every now and then. Sometimes a whole mission will go by and all is well, but other times I haven't been playing 5 minutes when the music and environmental sounds (e.g. rainfall) will cut out, and my soldiers won't "speak" about their wounds or misfires or anything. Their heads turn, and their lips move, but no sound! Most gunfire and other sounds are still there, but everything feels a little flat with no environmental sounds, and none of the awesome music. Quitting to Windows and restarting the game helps fine, and takes about 30 seconds, but still. :D

Any updates to this problem? Is that audio codec thingy still the best way to go? I found out where Biggles explains it all but I haven't had time to check it out...

Yeah, it was so small it was one line...Poop on that. It's better now, though!

Um, so I'm still playing around with codecs and crap. Just installed the Klite codecs (that is a kick-ass codec pack, my friend!) so we'll see if that changes anything. Part of the problem might be that I can't dl two of the latest updates for my onboard sound from the WinUpdate site. For some reason it never installs...maybe I should go straight to the manufacturer, Shuttle. I haven't bothered yet because I have no other sound problems at all.

Oh well. *shrug*

Dumb Xfire (below) doesn't recognize Sentinels, so none of my time is logging with them. Poop on that, too.

Heck yeah! I wish for much more. I found Hammerfall about a year ago, and even though I think they're totally ridiculous, I really like the music. I really want to be able to play metal guitar like that...I really should practice more often...

I should pick up some Manowar, too. Any other recommendations? I don't like dark metal; I'm more into the kick-ass speedy-crunchitude of Hammerfall, early-mid Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, some Pantera...you know, that stuff.