Fanfics to be transplanted.

FullAuto

Titles, then their authors.

Here's the beginning - FullAuto

X-Com Archives - Skonar

X-Com Chronicles Twilight - Skonar

Unknown Menace - Hobbes (not actually here, but we could just post a link to it, or ask Hobbes if we could put the full story on there, along with any other fics he has)

Chronicles of the Apocalypse - Skonar

My first ever fan fic - Pumpkinhead

My 2nd-ever fan fic - Pumpkinhead

Admiral's Log - BladeFireLight

That's it, I think. Most of them, because they were posted (duh), have replies in their thread from other users, so depending on how we're going to move the fanfics, we may need to edit them out.

If I've missed any, or anyone has been holding back or knows of other X-Com fanfics anywhere else, please speak up.

Cheers.

P.S. I've left out the collaborative fics below because a) they're very prominent and b) no-one's mentioned them.

Unknown Menace - Hobbes (not actually here, but we could just post a link to it, or ask Hobbes if we could put the full story on there, along with any other fics he has)

I have all of my stories (Unknown Menace, Eulogy, Abyssal and Destined Alliance) at fanfiction.net but can send you also the files to post them here. I have the Unknown Menace in .pdf format posted at my site but if you don't mind the 6.4 mb size I can also send it. Just let me know which one is better.

That's it, I think.  Most of them, because they were posted (duh), have replies in their thread from other users, so depending on how we're going to move the fanfics, we may need to edit them out.

If I've missed any, or anyone has been holding back or knows of other X-Com fanfics anywhere else, please speak up.

There's 2 of them missing, at least: Kansai Arc and Apocalypse Arc, both by Ben Fishcher. Also there's another one that I don't remember if it was posted but it should: X-Com Story, by Fernando

Were those the days when young people respected their elders?

No, it was the days back when I had to walk to school, forty miles in a blizzard there abd nack, uphill both ways. And you youngins had some respect for your elders, by gum!

• 13 years later...
I managed to recover almost a complete set via the Wayback Machine and the remains of Danny Blakemore’s site, but I’m still missing one of the Apocalypse Arc parts.

If you find anything new, let me know here and I'll try and add it in when I get a chance. smile.png

Be aware that this is going to take some time to complete. I'm not really familiar with Pete's setup for the site software concerning fan fiction. This actually was FullAuto's area of expertise. Anyway, I studied it a little yesterday and this evening and I think I have a basic understanding of it now. As a test, I tried adding a story by John Possidente named Angel Diver (got that in an email from Quentin Chaney on one of his MicroProse website backup disks, dunno if John actually wrote this or someone else - let me know). It seems to work properly so that's a good sign. wink.png

- Zombie

Well, I worked on this today and I think all of the Kansai Arc is up now. You might want to double check to see if anything is missing or messed up. ;)

Sorry it took a little longer to get the stories up as I had an issue with getting the Author field to work properly. After studying the site software I was able to figure it out which should help when adding stories from authors without a forum account (I created a temporary forum account for Ben initially, but it isn't necessary). There's a lot more stories on the scifiemporium site which need to be added here, but that's going to have to wait till I get some more time (might get to some during the week or next weekend). So that's the news. :)

- Zombie

Yeah, I suddenly realized this might be an issue when I was adding the stories. Right now are they out of order because it's set as alphabetical by title name presently. The order can be changed to say, forum topic which would work assuming all the stories by each author were added according to publish date but I didn't want to do this without researching whether it was the case. A navigation menu at the top of each story in the arc would work also but unfortunately the text from each story is parsed directly from the forums into the site page so you can't modify the page to add this in. The only option left is to rename each page with a header like (Kensai Arc 1). Lots of work, but at least it would allow people to choose the sequence themselves.

By the way, when I added the stories in the Kensai Arc I didn't keep the publish date at the bottom. Do you think I should add that back in? ;)

- Zombie