Freedom Force vs. The 3rd Reich review!

Slaughter

IGN have just reviewed Freedom Force vs. The 3rd Reich. It is the sequel to Freedom Force, and according to the review it's more of the same. So if you liked the first game you should head over to IGN and have a look! We'll add more reviews here as they come, and you can also find a list at GameRankings.

How did you like the first one?

And the heroes, they're so corny! Worst of all, the dialog... it's like those super hero cartoons from...oh I can't even remember. Sixties, seventies or early eighties (Ironman, Captain America, Prince Namor, Spiderman etc). And the way it's presented like an actual comic book. You've just got to love it! (No, I didn't get it just for the free copy of C&C Renegade What'sit. That first person shooter thingy. )

I think the bit that really impressed me was the pseudo real-time system. The speeds weren't set. You could control it directly for the occasional slo-mo moments or what have you to speed the action up a bit when necessary. Wished they'd done this in Apocalypse and other pseudo-real-time games that give you the ability to pause and issue orders. Really I do.

- NKF

Abso-freakin'-lutely agree on the pausing action, NKF! I loved setting the pause speed to 1/16th speed, getting into a serious brawl with 4 heroes and 10 enemies, and just 'pausing' and watching the action unfold in super slo-mo! That was the bomb.

Also, I really liked the cheese and the voices and stuff. "For FREEDOM" I thought it was going to be sorta 'ehh', but it really grew on me.

One of the "Best...games...ever...."

• 3 weeks later...