Xcom Aliens

Sectoid_Leader980

I've just spent an evening playing apoc, and I have to say so far the aliens on UFO seem so much better. I don't know about you, but I find the blue things with no shoulders (like the sugar puffs honey monster, except blue) and the pink things, with a tube instead of a head, a bit silly looking.

Where's the sectoids, floaters, and the lot gone? :)

Bring 'em back! :)

Just wait until you get to see the sectoids near the end of the game... You'll be disgusted! The apocalypse aliens really are pants...

I'd say that the chryssalid is by far the coolest alien... I prefer fighting against the mutons though. It's like having a shootout with an american football team in green overalls! :)

I miss the buggers :) . Theres nothin better than sending a sectoid to the big abductor in the sky (no not the one hovering over the city :hmmm: ). The aliens of apoc just don't give me the satisfaction i get when i pop a snakeman with a rocket. It would of been fun to take out the cydonian aliens in real time.

-PSY GUY- :)

( :) now i got myself all upset. Im going to go kill some toids. Be back later :) )

The first time I played against Ethereals it was on the Amiga 500 version, where alien mind control was permanent (probably a bug). I went in with two tanks and as many soldiers as I could fit into Skyranger. I came back with one man and one tank, both virtually dead. The man was my favourite soldier who pretty much took them all out, also killed most of his comrades. The last guy dead was one of mine, he was the prober who sat in the back of Skyranger, I drove the tank back there and rocketed him.

But it was pretty harsh you lost a guy when he got controlled.

EDIT : Of course when I had to destroy a Ethereal base in the USA I took so many blaster-bombs it was unreal, I don't think I got any alien stuff once I'd finished with that.

• 2 weeks later...