Changing the starting map in S3?

damocles

I thought I had this one figured out, but nope :huh: I altered the existing globalmaps for the addon->main item and set the scenario to my new scenario objects. I set the scenario objects so that my new map is the first block mission and thought that would work. Instead, when I start the game I am dumped onto the global map screen and cannot do anything. Even the base is unavailable.

I assume I've missed a vital link somewhere, but looking through the data I can't seem to see what I've missed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume I've missed a vital link somewhere, but looking through the data I can't seem to see what I've missed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again...check these things (If you already haven't)

-Scenario/AddOn/Main/Blocks/item list/"First" properties: mission/YOUR SCENARIO ZONE

-Chapters/AddOn/"Poland"/THERE SHOULD BE SECTOR FOR YOUR ZONE and correct properties to it

If you have done all these...I don't know what the problem is...sorry :huh:

I managed to track down the problem. The scenario zone link tot he scenario object was pointing to a copy of the scenario object I had made (to muck around with) but being an idiot I hadn't changed the name, only the location. So I didn't realise the scenario link was the fubar version, not the proper one.

It all works fine now.

Apart from the million other stumbling blocks, but I'm sure there'll be lots of threads about those in the future...

Keep up the good work! If you know/knew others that used to or do mod S2/S3, you should try to get in touch with them and see if they want to start up again. I'd love to see some proper mods for the games! Maybe we'll set up a modders index here, as we did in the Aftermath mods section.

Unfotunately, very few people mod for S2/S3. The editor and database methods are so complex that most people give up quickly. I know I've given up several times, but I love the game too much, so I keep coming back to modding it.

I know a lot of people were put off by the serious issues in the first release of the editor. They patched it and improved it more with S3, but it's still a pain in the arse to do anything more than a basic map. Definitely one for hardcore modders only.

I don't think so... If you look on the AHmmer and Sickle mod website, it's a joint venture between Nival and some other group - presumably the other group started the mod. Otherwise it would just have Nival's name on it :huh:

I could be wrong though.