arty

Ivory

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

art is about excpression be it visual or performacen or mucical, its obout feelings adn emotions as well as wot you can actually see. Take a painting/performace/piece of music at face value adn you are missing out. explore how you feel in the work, and those who have the courage will risk exploring how they feel too. you have to put soething into art, wotever form it takes. that beauty of it is that altho the creators idea is alwasy the same, the response may vary greatly between viewers.

(and in english for strong bob- dont be lazy, not everythin in life is explained for you!!!)

There was no insult from Ivory to me, except for the quip on laziness.

Ivory, I meant no offense. It's why I explained why I don't like that type of art to begin with. :huh:

I do a bit of art myself, of the more "writing" variety. There is always an underlay of emotion or meaning.

But when it comes to a picture... You convey a message, in this case it seems purposefully vague to inspire imagination. You might see a man on a horse galloping through a grassy field (Which is the closest I can figure from your second drawing.) I see half a dude trudging through slime on a headless horse.

Knowing how art works, such pictures have different meanings to any whom look at it. So before you say "don't be lazy", cross the threshold of a picture having only one hidden meaning to it's creator and see that art has different meanings to different people.

Ever read a book, and talk to someone else whom has read the same book? Ever feel like they got a completely different impression on what it was?

Yeah. That's how it works.

And it still looks like a Klingon with a bloodied batt'leth. :D

And no. It's really difficult to get me angry. (In fact, last time I really had a fit here on this board was during the politics. Something I get passionate about real easily...) Sorry to shatter your hopes Fullauto. :D

• 5 years later...