GazChap

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 9 months later...

Ah, right. The X-COM wiki is being moved to a different server today so it will be offline until the move is complete. Us regulars probably already knew this, but this is for those of you who may be getting an error message and don't know why. :laugh:

- Zombie

I actually only have the main page bookmarked for some reason but head straight to the recent changes every time I visit. Should probably change that sometime. Imagine my surprise though when MikeTheRed added that bit about Steam in red text on the front page the other day. I nearly passed out. :laugh:

Anyway, looks like the move was successful as the Wiki is back up and ready for business again. ;)

Edit: Must've been only temporary, it's down again.

- Zombie

Well aside from the fact that I can't see it yet as the DNS is updating still in the UK.

If you can see it and it looks to be working fine, then it must be all hooked up correctly. I just have to wait a few more hours to see it working.

As such, let me know if anything's wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea. I fired off an email to Pete (his work address, not StrategyCore) earlier today. Hopefully that will get some action. :laugh:

Edit: Success (well, partially). Pete says he forgot to set the bandwidth high enough when the wiki moved. He'll set it up properly tomorrow. I wonder if some of my recent marathon editing sessions had anything to do with this? ;)

- Zombie

• 8 months later...

Most odd - if you do it without the www. it works fine for me but not with.

I have fired off a ticket to see what th sisue might be - looks like some bizarre DNS issue just on that domain as no other sites on this server have been affected.

Tech support have looked into it and can't see anything wrong. It works for them when they tested it through some proxy sites.

They did say there was one thing they could tweak to see if it makes a difference so they've done that and asked if we can check it again tomorrow, but ts sounding like a very odd DNS blip tied specifically to that domain - more likely at the domain registrar end than the web hosts.

Guess we'll have to see what happens as it'll take a while for changes to filter through the global DNS network.

• 7 years later...

Not a clue I'm afraid. Haven't seen any activity in the PM chat, so the wiki going down over the weekend was a surprise to me.

The optimist in me is thinking: At last, the wheels are finally turning! Hoping that the site's being taken down to sort out the signup and the corresponding e-mail issues that are tied in with the signup process.

The pessimist in me is thinking: Oh no, everything's falling apart!

Certainly hoping it isn't the latter - many of us have spent a good part of a decade or more on the wiki. Or at least it feels that way. ;)

- NKF