Dawn of War expansion announced!

Slaughter

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War have done very well and I guess it's no shock to anyone that the expansion was just announced. Winter Assault is the name of the expansion, and it will add the Imperial Guard as a playable race amongst other things. Expected release is fall 2005, so it should be a nice addition to UFO:Aftershock. Here's for hoping they expand the single-player campaign to more than one race!

If you haven't heard of Dawn of War for some reason, you can find a list of reviews at GameRankings and our very popular DoW thread here. And if you like the multi-player part, you can find Aralez's neat maps and more at his site.

At a first sight this looks like good news, but they will only add the Imperial Guard as a new race (which is basically already in the game), something that already has been made by modders (Cadian Inquisition Mod). The Daemonhunter Mod is even better and adds more units and models than the official expansion will do! And it is out already! And it is for free.... Damnit, i think they lost a loyal player and mapmaker.... :huh:

Not necessarily! I saw the official screenshots and the official statement what will be included and it is: The imperial guard and one tank, duh ;) :lol:

Remember, i told you the "Aliens vs. Predator" film will be terrible and i was right, so why should i be wrong here? :huh: :lol:

Not necessarily! I saw the official screenshots and the official statement what will be included and it is: The imperial guard and one tank, duh  :huh:  :lol:

Remember, i told you the "Aliens vs. Predator" film will be terrible and i was right, so why should i be wrong here?  ;)  :lol:

Bah, you're a nitwit and you know it! ;)

Seriously though, my guess is that people who want more SP action will enjoy themselves, but also complain that the expansion is too short (it will probably be no bigger than the one in DoW). People who want more content for MP however, may end up disappointed because the only "added" race already exist in the game as you point out. Time will show.

And shagpuss is right, shame on you! ;)

Heh it was a Baneblade!! God i'm a saddo! I hope you can jsu roll over enemy troops like the mammoth tank in C&C, I can just hear those bones a crunching! :huh:

More multiplayer options and tweaks would be good! I look forward to a day when I can play a 8 player map using a different race for all players! ;)

And i wanted to post about the expansion, too. But as i had to work until 20:30 Slaughter was faster, so i don't take the "shame-card"  ;)

I posted this when the birds started singing outside, well over bed time for most people... :huh: (I think I did at least...)

• 1 month later...