The Movie Thread

Slaughter

Just watched Star Trek: Into Darkness. Surprisingly, I liked it. I'm sure a nitpick would find a lot to complain about but still, pretty enjoyable. A no brainer, aka a brain vacation.

A while ago I also managed to see Cloud Atlas. A very good movie. Trying to see the trails of actions the authors portrayed, going from the past into a distant future, may be a bit much for me, yet the story(ies) are all good and I like movies with a moral message.

• 3 weeks later...

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/drooling.gif Not that I like Legolas being in the movie, but I'll go see this one in the cinema.

ANYway, seen Silver Linings. Found myself oddly fond of slightly retarded people. Love it, reminds me of Shall We Dance a bit. Also, one to bring out the tears.

And Intouchables, finally got this. Deserves all the credit it got at the arrival. Being based on a true story makes it all the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Chaps, I'm officially an old fart. I didn't like Pacific Rim. The lack of any sort of real science (giant robots fighting monsters from another dimension notwithstanding) the stupidity made my face hurt ("They have the same DNA, but they're different!"). The 'acting' did not impress, and it was yet another military where orders where optional, and so on and so forth in that fashion, culminating in the usual fake-sacrifice conclusion that left me feeling pallid and apathetic. Some decent bits, but on the whole, crap.

Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched two really good movies lately.

First, an oldie but I hadn't seen it before, The Groundhog Day, hillarious comedy, Bill Murray at his best.

Today I watched Midnight In Paris, Woody Allen's, really good semi-surreal movie about how every generation thinks the previous generation was so much better, really nice.

V/H/S. A decent horror anthology. Derivative, traditional, and uneven, but with some good scares. The found footage style is given enough justification (for a change) but still suffers from the creators not sticking with its limitations and betraying the immersion it creates.

V/H/S. A decent horror anthology. Derivative, traditional, and uneven, but with some good scares. The found footage style is given enough justification (for a change) but still suffers from the creators not sticking with its limitations and betraying the immersion it creates.

Don't forget about V.H.S 2...

Also today I've watched Pusher

Quite good movie despite the low score.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...