The Movie Thread

Slaughter

Movies in the works are as follows,

ironman(there still working on script)

Silver surfer,(still writing the script)

Transformers(goerge clooney as the voice of prime)

Magneto,(a standalone movie based on the character)

Wolverine,(same as magneto but about wolvy)

Wonder woman,(there still looking for the main star to play her)

The flash(played by ryan reynolds he stared blade 3 amitivile remake)

hulk2(less story more "HULK SMASH")

Punisher2(a lot more gore is planed for this one as the fans complaned there wasent enouth in the last one

Batman Begins sequel(all the main cast are returning except katie homes)

Sin City 2(thay start shooting the start of next year)

Ghost Rider(there in the middle of shooting it now nicholas cage is playing Johnny blaze)

Hellboy 2(as far as im aware the main cast are returning)

Constantine 2 (reeves is back as the main charcter)

:P well thats all the ones that starting shooting in the next year or two howerver here are a few that are

on the cards(some are more likely to happen than others than others)

Thor

Daredevil2(there trying to get the rights back from who thay worked with in the first one)

Luke Cage

green lantern

aquaman

namor:the submariner(iv heard that Ryan reynolds is up for that part too jammy guy)

iron fist(ray park is up for this one he was the toud in xmen one and was darth maul)

Shazam(the rock :D is up for the role of captain marvel)

Deathlok

Supergirl(there looking for a new a script writer)

green hornet

Black panther(this has been development hell for 10 years whesly snipes has said all thay have to do is hand him the script and he,l do_

Aeon flux(based on the mtv anime never watched it my self but it seems to have cult following)

Werewolf by night(based on the comic book)

captain america(i have no idea how thay have that suit on the big screen whitout it looking stupid but im sure thayl try)

The incredibles 2(the guy who made it wants to make another one as the first one was popoular)

and i think thats about it post if you have any questions ill be happy to help where i can

;)

Zeus185

I can see quite a few of them getting formula treatment and ending up as bags of shite, but there's bound to be a few good 'uns among them. I wonder how many will be cancelled before reaching the screen?

Given the current popularity of comic-to-film conversions, I expect most will make it. However, I don't think the quality will be as high as it is currently, with the likes of X-Men, Spiderman, Batman Begins, Hellboy etc.

I can see quite a few of them getting formula treatment and ending up as bags of shite, but there's bound to be a few good 'uns among them.  I wonder how many will be cancelled before reaching the screen?

Given the current popularity of comic-to-film conversions, I expect most will make it.  However, I don't think the quality will be as high as it is currently, with the likes of X-Men, Spiderman, Batman Begins, Hellboy etc.

Mystery Men,. now there was a good comic-film conversion. that film makes me piss meself every time!!!

"I will keep dreaming, I will keep dreaming my friend, and when I wake up you'd better, you'd better. . . .. . Hope you're asleep"

:P

I can see quite a few of them getting formula treatment and ending up as bags of shite, but there's bound to be a few good 'uns among them.  I wonder how many will be cancelled before reaching the screen?

Given the current popularity of comic-to-film conversions, I expect most will make it.  However, I don't think the quality will be as high as it is currently, with the likes of X-Men, Spiderman, Batman Begins, Hellboy etc.

i quite agree with you a lot of them will turn out to be crap however if thay get filmmakers in the same

caliber of Sam Raimi(spiderman) Christeropher Nolan(Batman begins) and Bryan Singer(Xmen superman5)

to name a few it could turn some of them wont all be stinkers....im not sure how Xmen 3 is going to turn out Bryan Singer isent working on it as hes working on the new superman movie the guy thats dircting it is Matthew vaughn dont know much about him but we will soon see how the movie will turn out

Yup. If they manage to hold onto the same quality actors, or replace the crap ones, and hold onto the same directors/scriptwriters etc (as WB should have done in the first place, although Batman Begins was damn good, I often wonder how things would have turned out if Burton and Keaton had been left to do a trilogy, or more).

The longer the craze goes on, and the more seuqels that are done (let's face it, each comic has enough storylines and characters for about fifty sequels) the more the quality will degrade.

yeah i know what you mean(i also thought Batman Begins was superb) the more thay make the drop in

quality becomes apparent(some people just dont know when to quit when there ahead)

lets just hope that movie makers have learned from the past(highly unlikely :P)

Batman Forever. :bad:

Learning from the past? The only thing Hollywood does to the past is rip it off for more films.

A Scanner Darkly could very well be quality. Some sort of live-action with animated overlays, Philip K. Dick's writing sometimes makes very good films, however simplified they end up (Bladerunner).

i dont know anything about that movie sounds good though

i agree batman forever sucked ass big time i really liked the two first ones but the best one(well ithink anyway)has to be batman begins the total spirt of the comics has been shown especially as you see bruce wayne showing he has two sides playboy/billionaire one minute dark and nasty vigilante the next

absolutly superb.....have you read any of the books yourself auto? my favourite has to be Frank Millers Batman Year One :P

Year One is bloody good, but The Dark Knight Returns is probably my favourite.

That new rotoscoping animation stuff (don't know if there's any screenies of it, but it looks oddly suitable for a Dick story) could be good or just headache-inducing.

Mystery Men was a comic?

Check the extras on the DVD (I know you've got it!). They didn't actually have they're own comic, but they were regualr extras in another, whose name excapes me now. I'll check the DVD over the weekend and report back!

The City of Lost Children is one of the greatest fantasy-movies what I have seen: World is very personal and made with (fantasy)honor. Characters in that world are just strange as they should be...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a big fan of Italo-Westerns... does someone know is there any new projects? (dark and rude wild west)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also a fan of Hayao Miyazaki mangas (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away etc) and always waiting his new master pieces.

Hollywood 'raped' Hellblazer (my favourite comic)... I hate them so much... Constantine doesn't even drink beer and smoke cheap cicarettes (with depressed deamons). :P

Hollywood 'raped' Hellblazer (my favourite comic)... I hate them so much... Constantine doesn't even drink beer and smoke cheap cicarettes (with depressed deamons).

I know what you mean, squire. Gutted.

As for spaghetti Westerns, it looks like we just have to watch all the classics again.

Year One is bloody good, but The Dark Knight Returns is probably my favourite.

That new rotoscoping animation stuff (don't know if there's any screenies of it, but it looks oddly suitable for a Dick story) could be good or just headache-inducing.

The dark knight returns is superb iv read the dark knight strikes back.....its not as good as dark night returns

but its not bad(mostly because the bleaching batman gives superman top quality) i recently got the knight fall series its good(azirel is one of my favourite characters)......i wonder if they'll make a movie out of one of the best comic book series Preacher anybody here read preacher?

I'd love to see a Preacher film more than just about anyone aside from Garth Ennis, but I think the material is just too extreme. Not just in terms of violence and swearing, but the actual thoughts and philosophy behind it would have all the Christian extremists baying for blood. It would never get a widespread release because of religious pressure groups.

Look what happened to Hellblazer, and that comic is not as mental as Preacher.

I'd love to see a Preacher film more than just about anyone aside from Garth Ennis, but I think the material is just too extreme.  Not just in terms of violence and swearing, but the actual thoughts and philosophy behind it would have all the Christian extremists baying for blood.  It would never get a widespread release because of religious pressure groups.

Look what happened to Hellblazer, and that comic is not as metnal as Preacher.

Yeah i know dude iv never laughed so hard in my life until i started reading Preacher the funniest comics in the world EVER(and im Scotish it takes a lot to make me laugh :P ) as a result i went out and got them all including the covers book i was skint for a while but it was worth it

Yup, all round top quality. It would make a Hell of a film. Imagine Arseface!

100 Bullets would make a fine noir film. That's very cinematic anyway. A conversion of The Walking Dead would no doubt be eagerly received by a studio, it being a comic about zombies, and with both comic conversions and zombie films being big it's bound to be a hit.

What else...