The Movie Thread

Slaughter

No, I thought they were pretty good comic-to-film adaptions. I think Fantastic Four is going to be cack though.

I went to see Sin City this weekend. :P

Dude, talk about good comic-to-film adaption. Almost pic-by-pic and word-by-word.

Of course, that's the main draw-back too. Nothing new for the faithful readers. :D

I also share your your fears regarding FF, judging from the trailer.

Also, I got Daredevil "Dir's cut", which I found rather good.

Did they include transition and choesion in the director's cut?  Because there wasn't any in the theatrical release.
I haven't seen the theatrical release but the DC of DD (don't you love abbrevasions?) is prolonged by some half hour and I didn't felt like they missed any transitions.

Please define choesion. :P

About King-Kong remake; Naah. Catch it on the tube when it comes on.

Guess this is kinda wrong thrread for me.

I've seen Sin City and A Very Long Engagement so now I have nothing to look forward to. :D

Well, his father (The Devil) wouldn't lose a fight when his old boss told him to, so he was beaten to death by thugs and died in the arms of his son, who then took it upon his little shoulders to stand up for the little man from Hells Kitchen since nobody else done it. :P And of course fine-tuning his acrobatic reflexes bouncing around the rooftops with his "sonar-sense".

Enough for me.

Fingers crossed, Ultraviolet should be good. From the director of Equilibrium, we get a tale of a world riven by civil war, and it's humans versus vampires in the near future.

I also hope Cursed, a werewolf film from veteran Wes Craven (yes, he's had his fair share of duds, let's be nice), will be enjoyable, if not excellent.

Recently discovered a film of Hayao Miyazaki's (sort of the Japanese Walt Disney, but better) that sounds brilliant, Nausicaa. I've seen most of his films, but somehow missed this one. Can't wait to find it on DVD somewhere. Same for Howl's Moving Castle, which won't be out for a while, though.

Oh, I was vaguely interested in The Island before I saw a trailer for it which gave away the WHOLE plot. Nice going, arseholes. Still, it was only a Michael Bay film anyway.

Yes, and then there's Pearl Harbour. And Armageddon. Both more than slightly hysterical (no, not the funny hysterical, the other kind).

And all credit to Bad Boys and the Rock, they didn't break any moulds. Strictly by the numbers. Someone give Tea Leoni a cough sweet.

Sometimes I don't understand a word of what you're writing. Could you rewrite the last line in a "English for dummies" way? :P But yeah, Armageddon wasn't too good, and I didn't even bother watching Pearl Harbour. Gave me a "Titanic in WWII" feeling seeing the add for it... (haven't seen Titanic either)