The Movie Thread

Slaughter

• 2 weeks later...

::

A young woman and her boyfriend go on a treacherous journey of escape as their country is caught in an unexpected war with artificial intelligence. Days away from the arrival of their first child, they must cross a stronghold of the android uprising, in hopes of reaching safety before giving birth.

• 2 weeks later...

You know a cash cow when you see one, right? wink.png

The original concept is pretty fascinating. I feel that they keep trying to give a broader, deeper scope to the setting and generally end up making it so convoluted people can't be bothered with keeping track of it all and just come back for the elaborate fights and the impressive CGI.

There are worse things than eye-candy though, Keanu can hold his own and if it just turns out to be fun this is after all an evening's entertainment we're talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@SV: well, it might be reasonably argued that it's in the interest of science to see how you and people in a range of different age groups react to its visual stimuli, say, in IMAX 3D? tongue.png

Well, as idiotic as this might scientifically be, seeing it for the visual candy is a must! grin.gif

Michael Crichton is one of my top 5 authors of all times. Jurassic Park (1993) is my favorite movie of all time. I've enjoyed the Jurassic World series, but nothings better than the original. wub.png

Michael Crichton is one of my top 5 authors of all times. Jurassic Park (1993) is my favorite movie of all time. I've enjoyed the Jurassic World series, but nothings better than the original. wub.png

Jurassic Park is a world-class movie. All the rest in a row get progressively crappier.

Jurassic Park is a world-class movie. All the rest in a row get progressively crappier.

I agree with you, Steven Spielberg convinced Crichton to write a sequel to what was a great novel so that he (he being Spielberg) could direct another movie based on Crichton's work. IMO the novel and movie are both fantastic. When it comes to The Lost World the novel it was pretty good, the movie eh, not so much. They tried as it seems to re-create King Kong. Indeed, JP3 was almost hot garbage, but Sam Neil reprised his role as Dr. Grant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5xRnQGk-Xg

Alan!