Comments And Additions To The Free Games...

Slaughter

• 1 month later...

Total Annihilation Spring

Open Source remake of the RTS Total Annihilation, full 3d engine, multiplayer capable, lots of maps and mods already, beta available :P (probably not as good as the original yet, but the engine is definitely coming along nicely and the international lobby to get opponents is very useful, as in TA you need a direct connection with a friend in order to play).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I didn't think the Mech Commander games were free? :)

Microsoft are the owners of the Mech Commander series after they bought it off Microprose and I doubt MS would ever release the games for free. :)

MS Mech Commander 2 page

Edit: Seems Microsoft also own the Mech Warrior brand too.

https://www.microsoft.com/games/mechwarrior4/

I found it at EvilAvatar.com, and if you check this post you should have your answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you like to play a game like Portal? Narbacular Drop is the name, and you can pretty much do all of those cool things you've seen in the Portal trailer including making an infinite portal loop. Don't miss this little gem.

I should just warn you that on the level Run Boulder Run I've had a bug which caused either the turtle or th eboulders not to appear. I suggest that you restart the level as soon as you get there, and it will work like it should.

Enjoy! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Babylon Project

Question: What is 'The Babylon Project'?

Answer: The 'Babylon Project' is a group of dedicated individuals who are trying to bring the essence of Babylon 5 space combat to FreeSpace 2, an award winning space combat simulation from Volition Incorporated.

--

When we started this project, we were looking to make a small modification to FreeSpace 2 and give FreeSpace 2 fans the ability to fly the StarFury and fight against other Babylon 5 inspired ships. But the conversion has taken on a much larger role. With the cancellation of Babylon 5: Into the Fire by Sierra, some regard The Babylon Project as Our Last Best Hope to fly the StarFury.

- IceFire

The above statement holds true. Our mod team has been actively engaged in attempting to establish the models, textures, sound effects, and tools to help us make an awesome total conversion as well as bring fans of Babylon 5 a space sim experience that they will not soon forget.

Here are our goals:

* To provide a space sim experience using the FreeSpace 2 engine and incorporating the Babylon 5 universe

* To give the player the ability to fly many Babylon 5 universe ships including the StarFury, Thunderbolt, Frazi, Sentri, and Nial

* To incorporate the sounds and feel of Babylon 5 to give players the experience of flying and fighting in historic recreations as well as new battles

It has not been an easy task and many things have come and gone. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. The MOD is always in a perpetual state of change and our plans have been restructured several times. However, we have held true to our vision and Babylon 5 in the FreeSpace 2 engine is coming.

Stand-alone Freespace 2 mod using newer graphics and B-5 ships and missions :D

Altair02.jpg

guncapture3.jpg

screen15618il.jpg