Comments And Additions To The Free Games...

Slaughter

As you may have noticed I have set up a topic where I post about free games available on the Internet. If you know of good ones I have missed, or wish to comment, do so here. Mirrors are also welcome!

The topic can be found as a sticky at the top of the Off topic forum, or you can use this link. Enjoy!

I feel the urge to add directly into your topic, but I'll be good. :lol:

Feel free to copy and paste this in, however.

-------------

Natomic Studios:

Many games developed by various authors as freeware. Many games allow you to record your scores online. Titles range in size, some are just five minute coffee break titles, while others have more gameplay to them.

Site Link

Cube:

Cube is an open source multiplayer and singleplayer first person shooter game built on an entirely new and very unconventional engine. Cube is a landscape-style engine that pretends to be an indoor FPS engine, which combines very high precision dynamic occlusion culling with a form of geometric mipmapping on the whole world for dynamic LOD for configurable fps & graphic detail on most machines. Uses OpenGL & SDL.

Site Link (Download 23 MB)

Any particular requirements for the free games apart from being free?

I suppose you can toss in some of the Rogue-likes. Nethack and ADOM come to mind.

https://www.nethack.org/

https://www.adom.de/

A flashy feast of multimedia they aren't, but they are certainly gripping once you get the hang of them and figure out how not to starve to death or die in general.

- NKF

Any particular requirements for the free games apart from being free?

Well, I want "proper" games, not tetris clones. If someone wants to set up a tread for this sort of games that's fine, but the one I set up was not meant for it. Anyway, thanks for posting, I'll have a look.

soldat:

Soldat is a unique side-view multiplayer action game. It takes the best from games like Liero, Worms, Quake and Counter-Strike and gives you fast action gameplay with tons of blood and flesh. Soldiers fight against each other on 2D battle arenas using a deadly military arsenal. This is what multiplayer was invented for.

soldat home page.

download is ~12 MB.

screenshots can be found there too.

Aralez: try this site. there are some faqs/guides, more or less spoiled.

I have no time to update the free games section at the moment, but in the meantime you can also find good lists here:

My Awful Forums thread (registration required)

The Awful Game List (registration required)

Now it's annoying to have to pay for using a forum, but this forum is the largest one I have seen, with a constant 1000-3000 active users. If you can't find fellow fans of a game there, I doubt you can find it :huh:.

There's also a forum with a few links at 3D Gamers.

:: hint :: you know, there is an edit button. triple posting seems....well....forget it.

a good game, similar to soldat and worms is liero. there isn't an official homepage i don't think, but anyone can just google it. plenty of (quite interesting) mods for it as well. check out CS, tank, and even DBZ!

if you have the patiance, and bandwidth, theres always gunbound. DL is a couple hundred MB, similar to worms. terrible engerish on homepage last i checked.

last one from me today, is elma. quirky little bike game. seems simple, but check out the world records!

I don't care about post numbers, they could as well remove that feature totally. But each of the posts is several days older than the last, AND if i edited them instead of adding new ones they wouldn't show up in the "new post" section.

Ok there, some games

For all you Dosbox-owners:

Space Hulk

For all you colonists:

Mars Simulation Project

For all you space pilots:

Vega-Strike

For all you traders:

Space Trader

For all you Flightsim-fans:

Flightgear

And for all you..., hmmm, Birds :lol: :huh:

Poop'M'Up

Let's see, i EDITED that post, if noone answers this, i will NEVER again edit a post. And post only new ones, so that they show up on new posts searches.