Halo Ii Who Plays It?....online?

i know this is a little bit (way off) x-com topic....but i'm starting a new clan on it....all u extreme gamers be aware...who here plays it online?...Halo II is the SH*T online...if u guys play, tell me ur screen name so i can add u to my friends list...i wanna start a clan called x-com...u don't hafta join...but please give me ur screen name so i can put u in my list at least...cause it be cool to play with u all...mine is grimTERRY F.....make sure u type it in right...send me a friend request but tell me in the message if ur from x-com forums or u will be rejected....

:)

"Suffer heretic!"

*Tortures knight_of_the_ravens in the most horrible ways imaginable*

"That should teach you"

:)

I don't touch consoles with the exception of Nintendo, but I am sure there's a few here who does. I wasn't impressed with Halo singleplayer when I tried the trial for PC, but I'm sure the multiplayer is fun.

Hey Zager, happy new year.

I have to disagree, IIRC, the original Halo demo was shown at MacWorld 2000, on a Mac. Bungie were Mac developers at the time before being recruited by Microsoft for the XBOX.

Then it came out for the XBOX as a launch title, and a year later (or so) third-party developers had converted it to the PC and BACK to the Mac. It's a sore point for Mac-lovers. The demo wasn't originally an FPS, though, so it's changed a lot too.

I'd be a Halo 2 Live Gamer if I had Broadband. Sorry. But if anyone drops by we can have a split-screen game. :)

I have to disagree, IIRC, the original Halo demo was shown at MacWorld 2000, on a Mac. Bungie were Mac developers at the time before being recruited by Microsoft for the XBOX.

I don't know what you're talking about. I remember watching that original trailer all those years ago, and everything I saw in PC Gamer that the trailer came with said it was going to be for the PC.

The demo wasn't originally an FPS, though, so it's changed a lot too.

How could you tell that from the trailer? It was just an long movie using the game engine?

I'm all about compromise, normally, but I did a search to support my rambling incoherent statements this time, as I'm a Bungie fan - Google on halo + blam + rts :huh:

So OK, it was a joint development. The Mac got the first public demo, which I remembered, but I didn't know a PC release was on the original books (ONI also got a joint release, so an oversight on my part). And it was an RTS idea at first. PS. didja notice wieldable plasma swords and even the Shadow tank are lamented in this article and are back in Halo 2! Oh, and Halo wildlife, if only of the avian variety.

JFG

Well if you have a login for one of the major game sites like Gamespot or Fileshack then you can get it from there. Google for "Halo evolution movie".

If not then you can get it from my server here: ftp://ftp.os.101main.com/halo1.zip

It's about 91Mb though and it'll be slow because I only have a 256kbs upload rate. I've also limited my ftp server to 2 connections at once.